PDA

View Full Version : S.O.S

bertie
06-10-2004, 06:13 PM
hi Bob and others in this forum,

does somebody of you people have any knowledge about *.rx2 files?

how can i convert *.wav to *.rx2? :confused:

this is for my Reason sampling software - i need to convert some wav samples to rx2 format then import them to reason. :rolleyes:

Bertie (lifetime SAWStudio user) :)

your help will be much appreciated :)

AudioAstronomer
06-10-2004, 07:34 PM
I beleive it's called recycle that you need?

And reasons accepts rx2 files into the loop player.

There's a freeware utility somewhere... look on and.or ask at www.kvr-vst.com

Pedro Itriago
06-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Here's something I've found around:

Digidesign has worked closely with Propellerheads Software to develop the ReWire and ReWire 2 protocol that allows Digidesign's Pro Tools and Propellerhead's Rebirth and Reason to transfer digital audio and MIDI data between both applications

Propellerheads

Propellerheads produce some very high quality programs that function as waveform editor (ReCycle), sequencer (ReBirth), virtual instrument, sampler, and most importantly and internal inter-application communication protocol known as ReWire that allows different major audio multi-track host programs work seamlessly with multi-channel digital audio, plug-ins and hardware. Rewire will support up to 64 channels of audio data. Propeleerheads ReCycle is also the application that has its own proprietary digital audio file format known as a REX File (.rex, .rcy, and .rx2) and the format is particularly designed for slicing a waveform and time stretching the components.

Sorry, couldn't find a translator (other than having reason or rewire) :o

bertie
06-11-2004, 03:28 AM
hi there

thanks very much to both of you :)

your reply was a great help for me :)

and keep on SAWing :cool:

Bertie (SAWStudio user)