PDA

View Full Version : SSL won't shutdown

Rabbit
02-08-2005, 12:09 AM
I've run into an interesting problem this evening. I was working on mastering a project, finished my work for the evening and hit the X to close SSL down. What happened was all the windows closed except for the large background and the message box "Shutdown In Progress". I opened task manager and it showed a not responding status for SSL. I had to manually end the program to get it to close. I took a look in the Event Logs and it doesn't look like anything related threw an error. I opened SSL again and shut it down again with the same result. I rebooted, tried again, and got the same result once more.

I can't think of any changes I've made to my system in the last day or so that might explain this behavior (famous last words I know). I'm running XP SP1 on a 1.7 Ghz machine with 512 MB ram. I'm thinking about doing a reinstall of SSL but before I do that I was wondering if perhaps anyone else has seen this problem? :confused:

Bob L
02-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Perhaps some new VST plugin is the culprit... or a DX plugin misbehaving.

Try removing all VST dll files from the VST_Plugins folder under SAWSTudioLite... see if that helps...

If so... then put them back one at a time until you find the culprit.

If that is not the problem, try simply clearing the default preferences from the file menu under the Preferences option.

Bob L

Rabbit
02-08-2005, 12:28 AM
I removed the contents of the VST_PlugIns folder which didn't change the behavior, cleared the default preferences with the same result. I then removed the contents of the Native_PlugIns folder and now SSL shuts down cleanly. I'll put the plug ins back in one at a time and hopefully identify the problem cause. I think I did drop in a plug in on Sunday night... those famous last words I mentioned. :o

Thanks for the guidance Bob. :)