PDA

View Full Version : Trigger

matt
01-29-2011, 09:42 AM
I jut purchased Trigger from Steven Slate Digital. Wow! This is what I've been looking for for about 10 yrs. Only one problem, I can't seem to get SAW to recognize the MIDI. I installed MIDI Yoke and Maple MIDI, but it's the same situation. Anybody else using this?

HapHazzard
01-29-2011, 10:00 AM
I jut purchased Trigger from Steven Slate Digital. Wow! This is what I've been looking for for about 10 yrs. Only one problem, I can't seem to get SAW to recognize the MIDI. I installed MIDI Yoke and Maple MIDI, but it's the same situation. Anybody else using this?I gather you are trying to send midi from Slate back to a track in MWS. If that is so, It's not in yet. It's on Bob's List.

Hap

matt
01-29-2011, 11:38 AM
I gather you are trying to send midi from Slate back to a track in MWS.

Just trying to get Trigger to accept MIDI input.

HapHazzard
01-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Just trying to get Trigger to accept MIDI input.Are you using MWS?

matt
01-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Yup, I have BFD2 also... which works aside from a few dropouts. Trigger can work off of a vsti like BFD, but I want to get that out of the chain. I hope SS5.0 will have a solution for this.

HapHazzard
01-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Matt I think Slate is a Drum Replacement VST like Drumagog.
What you're really looking for is Toontrack S2.0. It has a Solo stand alone and a VST plug-in. Works great in and out of the studio.

Hap

matt
01-30-2011, 09:33 AM
I think Slate is a Drum Replacement VST like Drumagog.

Correct. Both programs can be triggered via MIDI

What you're really looking for is Toontrack S2.0.

Not so much... BFD2 is also a virtual drum program. I don't like the limitations of these plugs. Trigger works on individual tracks and gives you the option of replacing or sequencing.;)

HapHazzard
01-30-2011, 10:24 AM
I'll have to download the demo and take a look

mako
01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Matt - just a word on BFD. Since getting rid of that program and using DFH Superior 2.0 I haven't had any problem with missing notes.

cheers - mako

matt
02-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Hi Matt - just a word on BFD. Since getting rid of that program and using DFH Superior 2.0 I haven't had any problem with missing notes.

Good to know! I don't want to buy another drum vsti though. I find most of the extra features useless and the grooves are not quite convincing IMHO. I've been waiting for someone to write a program like Trigger for a long time... now if I could just get the MIDI feature to work in my favorite DAW;)

Cary B. Cornett
02-01-2011, 10:14 AM
I've been waiting for someone to write a program like Trigger for a long time... now if I could just get the MIDI feature to work in my favorite DAW;) If you just want to trigger drum sounds from midi, why not use a drum patch in a regular sampler program (meaning a VSTi)? That's what I have been doing. I can make it work either from MWS or from a hardware midi input, though usually I use MWS so that I can record a sequence and edit timing there.

matt
02-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I've been using the replacement function with a GM VSTi, which works for now... but it would be nice to be able to pull that out of the chain. The problem with many VSTi's is limited multi outs, and the ones that do have lots are usually resource hogs.

Bob L
02-01-2011, 08:30 PM
We have discovered that with plugins that drop notes like BFD... the issue seems to be when notes are placed between tick resolutions... which MWS will allow for overall tighter timing...

Try this with BFD... just click the tempo zone at the top of the MWS main window to increment it up a notch, then click it back down to the original temo... this will force all notes to exact tick res boundaries... my guess is that there will be no more dropped notes... if you keep the grid on when you edit notes and move them around, it will keep the notes locked to an exact tick res boundary.

Bob L

matt
02-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Try this with BFD... just click the tempo zone at the top of the MWS main window to increment it up a notch, then click it back down to the original temo... this will force all notes to exact tick res boundaries... my guess is that there will be no more dropped notes... if you keep the grid on when you edit notes and move them around, it will keep the notes locked to an exact tick res boundary.

I will definitely try this. Thanks Bob!

The main issue I am trying to resolve is the ability for Trigger to take MIDI information from MWS. When opening the plugin, "Set SoftSynth Midi-In Port is greyed out. I have installed Midi Yoke and Maple in an attempt to fix it.

I have to say, if I could get this going I wouldn't miss BFD2 one bit.:D