PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help with punch-ins

Jim
01-30-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm brand-new to SAW. I want to do a punch in with post-roll as well as pre-roll. I read the SAW instructions on setting up the punch-in with a marked area and then using the re-take command, setting up pre-roll. Is there a way to set the loop start and end with, say 4 seconds of pre-roll before the punch-in and 4 seconds of post-roll after the punch-out? When it hits the end of the post-roll I'd like it to either to automatically just loop again with a punch-in or stop.

Microstudio
01-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Watch the Recording in the MT Videos http://www.thessvideos.com/recmtf/record.html

Bob L
01-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Jim, the preroll is set by where you place your cursor in front of the marked area and start. Read about the retake loop options in the helpfile. There is no preset postroll option... never really felt a need for one... when the recording punches out, it will simply jump back to the preroll point and loop around again.

Bob L

Jim
01-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks guys. I saw in the video there is preset length of post-roll which is great.

Microstudio
01-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Glad the videos helped. Take some time to watch the "Views" videos they will really teach you the interface of SAW and when you learn it you will find its very easy and fast to run.