PDA

View Full Version : SawStudioLite crashes with Kontakt 4 Player

randombass
01-31-2011, 03:34 AM
I was searching similar threads but I couldn't find proper answer. The thing is that SawStudioLite crashes immediately when I start playback if there's Kontakt 4 Player patched AND some other VST plugin at the same time. There's this announcement "SawStudioLite has encountered a problem and needs to close..." If Kontakt is the only plugin then it works ok. Is this a memory issue or what? I need to solve this problem, I don't want to use "build mix" -option at early stage of recording.

Arco
01-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Do you mean another VST patched into the track that has Kontakt4 patched into it? Or on any other track?

-What is the other VST?
-I wouldn't patch anything other than k4 on that particular track, one vsti per track.
-K4 works fine if the other VST is not patched in?

You may have corrupted something in the EDL. Try "blending" that edl into a new clean EDL.

Kontakt generally works with SAW..we should be able to track this problem down.

mr_es335
01-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Hello,

I have tested SAWStudio and SAWStudio Lite (demos) with Kontact 2 and 4 with multiple VST's in the same track and no problems (actually very stable to be exact). Sometimes when I am testing things I get lazy and add a reverb vst to see what it sounds like or I will stack 2 vst's together.

It must be a configuration "thing". The problem with PC's is that there is so much difference is the hardware/software and the way in which you have it configured.

We would need to know specifically what the hardware is, what processes you are running, etc.

SAWstudio is actully great for letting you know what vsts are buggy. For example, Cubase SX3 "seems" to run them fine until you go to mixdown the tracks, then it crashes. SAWStudio lets me know right away if there is a problem.

Q: Does the other vst run on its own without problems.
Q: What is the CPU usage fo that other vst?
Q: What 2 vst's are you using and I can test it here?

Hope this helps?

Arco
01-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Stacking VST plugins works but I wouldn't try putting a plugin on top of a VSTi (virtual instrument). I try and keep things clean/discrete as poss.

e

randombass
02-01-2011, 04:52 AM
I just tested my system. I added three audiotracks and one track with Kontakt 4. Then I started playback and everything went fine. But when I patched URS compressor in one of the audio tracks, the system crashed immediately after playback started. I hadn't even loaded any instruments in Kontakt yet. The compressor wasn't patched in the same track as Kontakt, but it was just an example. Kontakt doesn't seem to like any other plugins either. I have loaded succesfully many heavy plugins in many tracks but only when Kontakt is present, there's a crash.

The computer has Intel Quad Core processor and 2,5 GB memory.

Grekim
02-01-2011, 05:36 AM
How are the URS files working by themselves? And with another plug besides Kontact in the chain?

I would try booting with one cpu. Add /onecpu to the boot.ini file
To get to that text file you go control panel/system properties/advanced/startup and recovery/settings/edit