PDA

View Full Version : Increment/Decrement Keys

mr_es335
02-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Hello,

I have an interesting "problem" that I need some assistance with. Here is the layout:

Dual monitors, main on left
Open SS
Hot Track is Track 1 throughout
Workspace view, SS Multitrack selected (left monitor), saved to F1
* I am able to ncrement/decrement the Hot Track fader using the < > keys.
Enable MWS Multitrack (right monitor), saved to F4
* I am unable to increment/decrement the Hot Track fader using the < > keys.
* This is to be expected.
Select SS Multitrack (left monitor, F1)
* I am able increment/decrement the Hot Track fader using the < > keys.
* This is to be expected.
* I save this view to F6

My potential problem:
When I toggle between F4 and F6 (MWS Multitrack and SS Multitrack), I am unable to increment/decrement the Hot Track fader using the < > keys.
I must physically select (left-click) the SS Multitrack to do this.
It apprears that the F-Key assignment is not selecting the SS Multitrack when MWS is enabled.
Also, when both SS-MT and MWS-MT are enabled, it is difficult to know which one is actually selcted (since both "headers" are yellow).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Bob L
02-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Did you make sure to select the SS MT as active before saving the F-Key with both views onscreen... the F-Key is designed to save the current active window along with the F-Key.

Bob L

mr_es335
02-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Hello,

I do make sure the SS MT is active (by clicking in the MT TitleBar), then I save the F-Key workspace.

When I toggle between the 2 F-Key configurations, it seems I loose the highlight of the SS MT. I have to physically click in the SS MT.

Ian Alexander
02-06-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't know if this is related, but when SS is first opened, it looks like the MT is the active window, but it doesn't act that way. I'll repost with more specifics in the morning.

mr_es335
02-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Hello,

Another scenario:

Single monitor setup
Open SS
Enable MWS to Link To Saw F-Keys in MWS.
Configure workspace as shown below.

Image 1 (http://www.customerfirstcomputing.com/ftp/1.png)

Workspaces
F1: SS MT active
F2: SS F Mixer active
F3: MWS visible and active
F4. SS MT and MWS visible, SS MT selected

Press F1 (SS MT active)
I am able to increment/decrement the Hot Track fader using the < > keys.

Press F2 (SS F Mixer active)
I am not able to increment/decrement the Hot Track fader using the < > keys.
This is to be expected, as these keystrokes are only available in MultiTrack (All Modes).

Image 2 (http://www.customerfirstcomputing.com/ftp/2.png)

Press F3 (MWS visible and active)
I am not able to increment/decrement the Hot Track fader using the < > keys.
This is to be expected, as these keystrokes are only available in MultiTrack (All Modes).

Image 3 (http://www.customerfirstcomputing.com/ftp/3.png)

Press F4 (SS MT and MWS visible, SS MT selected)
I am unable to increment/decrement the Hot Track fader using the < > keys even though I have saved this workspace to F4.

Notes
1. To correct this, I must physically click the MT TitleBar to re-select it.
2. The "problem" seems to be when toggling between F3 and F4.
3. The way that I have been able to rectify this situation is by disabling the Link To Saw F-Keys in MWS.
4. I know I can go back to F1, but this removes MWS from the screen (and I need to be able to see MSW).
5. Also, to disable the Link To Saw F-Keys in MWS is something I would prefer not having to do.
6. Lastly, when both the SS MT and MWS are visible, it is difficult to see which is the active window as both the SS MT and the MSW TitleBars are "yellow".

Image 4 (http://www.customerfirstcomputing.com/ftp/4.png)

Is there something that I am missing? I would appreciate any assistance that you could provide.

Ian Alexander
02-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't know if this is related, but when SS is first opened, it looks like the MT is the active window, but it doesn't act that way. I'll repost with more specifics in the morning.
OK, more detail. If I start SS, then choose a session from the Recent Session File List, the title of the MT is bright yellow. I think that indicates it's the active window, no? But when I press the spacebar, no playback. If I click anywhere in the MT, even the area to the right of the Solo and Sync lights, then the spacebar will start playback.

mr_es335
02-07-2011, 03:35 PM
If I click anywhere in the MT, even the area to the right of the Solo and Sync lights, then the spacebar will start playback.

Correct...however, I save that to an F-key and toggle between SS and MWS and "no joy". The "problem" is with SS and MWS...I think they are not "talking" to each other.

Note: If I disable the Link To Saw F-Keys in MWS then everything works OK. It is just when MWS and SS are working together.

Bob L
02-07-2011, 03:37 PM
I will look into the active window issues.

Bob L

Ian Alexander
02-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks Bob.