PDA

View Full Version : vst's/presets

Leadfoot
02-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Still having a problem with vst settings staying put. Voxengo for one. Hey Robert R, I think you said you use a lot of voxengo stuff, are you having any probs with them as far as presets saving with the edl? Mine don't. It's not a huge problem, but it would be nice if they saved correctly... something I'm overlooking maybe? They seem to eat up a lot of cpu also, is that true for you too?

Thanks,
Tony

AudioAstronomer
02-09-2005, 08:06 PM
It's a known issue. I normally dont use presets so Ive never had an issue with it. I prefer to tweak from scratch :)

And the cpu usage can be quite high. Aleksey's plugins are highly optimized and he is using some processes that are quite revolutionary. Stuff that he's been doing for a while now, a lot of the big companies are finally "figuring out". Convolution, complex FFT's, unlimited band FIR filters etc... Very cpu intensive things, but the results are worth it often if that's what you need :)

Leadfoot
02-09-2005, 09:13 PM
So if I tweak the parameters manually, they will save? I agree I usually set things manually, but that one on voxformer 'in your face vocals' I think is awesome just the way it is. Also agree the quality is worth the cpu usage.

Thanks,
Tony

AudioAstronomer
02-09-2005, 09:20 PM
So if I tweak the parameters manually, they will save?
Oh no no.. I was saying I prefer to start from scratch. Presets may get you where you wanna go quicker... but I enjoy the hunt and the exploration. I think it helps you learn your tools better... most of what I use I can nail exactly the sound I want very quickly without thinking about just because Ive forced myself to work it the hard way heh :)

I beleive Bob said this will be fixed soon.

Bob L
02-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Settings should be saving in the VST plugs with the edl session saves.

I have modified the buffer sizes to handle todays memory hog vst plugs three times so far... its hard to believe that there are still some plugs requiring more.

Are you using SAWStudio version 3.9c?

Bob L

dhise
02-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Bob, this seems to be a problem using presets only. If you load a vst and tweak the parameters from scratch it saves the settings just fine. If you choose a preset from the menu, it will default to the original parameters next time you load the edl, although if you tweak the preset, the tweaked settings will appear when you select the preset again (which I'm pretty sure is how the vst spec is supposed to work).

Doug