PDA

View Full Version : Another no brainer deal.

Microstudio
03-18-2011, 05:10 AM
Check it out.

http://www.audiomidi.com/cust_search/Miroslav-Philharmonik-Classik-Edition-No-Brainer-Deal-P15655.aspx

Bill Park
03-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Well, as AM is a reputable company I will reserve judgment. But after I paid for the product I was bounced off the site. Perhaps I'll get a download link via email or something, but after payment I got a 'redirecting to..' message, followed by a 'sorry, visit us at..' message. So anyone else might wait to see what is going on before jumping like I did.

followup: indeed, the download link came via email. I suspect that everything is okay, but that was strange.

Jeff Scott
03-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Same thing with me...They have sent me the download link but have not sent the Serial number to enter in once i get there. I hope this will work out...

TotalSonic
03-18-2011, 11:48 AM
In red letters on that page:

This product is only available as an Electronic Delivery - Serial Number.

PLEASE NOTE: the serial number is not emailed instantly by our system - a delay may occur until the order is reviewed by our processing department.

By purchasing this No-Brainer deal you will be added to the aM eNews mailing list.

fwiw - I got my serial number almost immediately.
The current direct pricing for this is $129 - so $15 is indeed a pretty good deal.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Dave Labrecque
03-18-2011, 12:29 PM
My purchase experience seems to have gone uneventfully. Though, I was not able to get the gift wrap option to work. :( ;)

Cary B. Cornett
03-19-2011, 08:51 AM
I used the phone number to make the purchase. Email responses were quick. I had to jump through some hoops getting through the process, but it looks like the installation is complete and OK. Haven't yet actually tried it out (still haven't hooked the converter rack back up since our recent "damp basement" episode).

Sean McCoy
03-19-2011, 10:52 AM
This was one I had to grab, and the purchase was quick and easy (as all my dealings with AudioMidi have been). Even though I have much more powerful libraries from EastWest and VSL, I still use some of my ancient Miroslav patches here and there. To get that library in an organized fashion for $15—when the original libraries cost thousands—is kinda mind-boggling.

Richard Rupert
03-20-2011, 01:12 AM
I really haven't gotten in to VSTi's other than fooling a little with the Proteus VX, so pardon my ignorance and potentially stupid question: do you need SampleTank to make use of the Miroslav samples?

TIA

Sean McCoy
03-20-2011, 07:41 AM
I really haven't gotten in to VSTi's other than fooling a little with the Proteus VX, so pardon my ignorance and potentially stupid question: do you need SampleTank to make use of the Miroslav samples?

TIA
No, it comes with a built-in player. I can't vouch for how well it will work in SS as I do my MIDI stuff in Logic.

RBIngraham
03-20-2011, 07:41 AM

TIA

No, it includes a player version of SampleTank that allows you to use the sample set. It's basically just SampleTank with a different skin. And if you do own SampleTank you can load them in there as well.

Richard Rupert
03-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks guys!