PDA

View Full Version : OT: mouse wheel is touchy!

Dave Labrecque
03-28-2011, 05:32 PM
New Win7 system. New MS mouse. I have the scroll wheel set to what I like for general use, but in SAW, the zoom is way touchy. The slightest touch of the mouse wheel and I've zoomed way more than I wanted. I can't find a way to adjust this. In fact, the mouse wheel settings in the mouse driver's control panel don't seem to impact it's behavior in SAW.

Ideas? :confused:

Ian Alexander
03-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Dave you have too much trouble with input devices. Return the computer and pick up one of the ADATs currently holding doors open. Several members here have offered them for very reasonable prices.

Dave Labrecque
03-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Dave you have too much trouble with input devices.

You been talking to my wife?

Dave Labrecque
03-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Dave,

http://www.bella-usa.com/HDMouse/

The mouse changes configuration when you switch programs. Once you set it up, this bad boy has multiple personalities. I have their keyboard, and it also switches from a Word keyboard to a Saw keyboard when you switch programs. Very cool, very programmable. Keyboard is $100, mouse $30.
they also have a demo of software that will work with any mouse. $10 for the mouse software.

PS: Keyboard has a Jog and shuttle wheel, great for video. I use it in Saw for audio and video fun!

Thanks, I'll check it out. I'd think there'd be a fix for this, though. The wheel works fine in other apps; it's just in SAW that it doesn't appear to be adjustable, but rather always set to the max rate.

Anyone? Bob?

Bob L
03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
I have nothing to do with the wheel adjustment in my code... It's up to your Windows mouse drivers settings... I have never had to even make any ajustments on any of my computers ever.

All my systems are set to move 3 lines on one wheel notch in the Windows mousewheel properties.... works great.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
03-29-2011, 08:22 PM
I have nothing to do with the wheel adjustment in my code... It's up to your Windows mouse drivers settings... I have never had to even make any ajustments on any of my computers ever.

All my systems are set to move 3 lines on one wheel notch in the Windows mousewheel properties.... works great.

Bob L

That's been my experience, too. For some reason, though, on this system with this mouse the wheel seems to be set to "crazy fast" all the time in SAW, and no adjusting in the mouse control panel alters that. But it does for other apps.

Same thing happens when I change the MT mouse wheel option to inc/dec track. It moves through the tracks way too fast.

Hmmm... looks like turning the mouse wheel/scrolling option off in the mouse control panel has no impact on SAW, either. So, I guess this is outside of that setting because it's not a scrolling thing. So, it seems that SAW's not looking at a scroll instruction, but some kind of lower level mouse wheel instruction.

Bob, do you know where there might be a mouse wheel setting outside of the mouse driver? Maybe in Windows somewhere? Maybe a registry entry? I'll do some research...

bcorkery
03-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Other than that, how do you like the 7 experience?

Dave Labrecque
03-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Other than that, how do you like the 7 experience?

LOVE it! How 'bout you, Bill? Or are you still on 3.11? ;)

DominicPerry
03-30-2011, 12:50 PM
LOVE it! How 'bout you, Bill? Or are you still on 3.11? ;)

3.10 was better. Like how a bicycle is better for crossing the Atlantic than a plane.

Dominic

Dave Labrecque
04-04-2011, 09:15 PM
UPDATE: this seems odd, but since I tamed the graphic issues in SAW under Win7, the zooming-via-mouse-wheel action appears to have healed, too. :confused: :)

bcorkery
04-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Never happened in Windows for Work Groups! :p

Dave Labrecque
04-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Never happened in Windows for Work Groups! :p

:p Touché! :p