PDA

View Full Version : Pod Farm 2 more then just an Amp sim

Microstudio
04-13-2011, 11:05 AM
I bought the line 6 Gear Box Gold Tone Port a couple of years ago, got it for I think less then $50 on a deal on ebay brand new. It sounded good but was very hard to run, the GUI was just way to busy.. ect. So time went on and I got GTR4 and it was great and then time went on and I got the Eleven Rack and it amazing.

The other day I was surfing around and came across Pod Farm 2 and found that I could buy it for $49 as an upgrade to the Gear Box Gold.... so I did. Installed and started playing some presets, I am a preset junky, and wow it really sounds great and there are a ton of presets and the GUI is really easy to use and you can get dual tone setups in it. Whats even more great is the VST plugin version lets you use any of the cabs,amps or effects as single insert affects...AWSOME and they sound great. So for $49 upgrade or $99 non upgrade you can get a great AMP/Effect VST plugin for SAW or any other DAW and have a TON of insert effects to boot.

Jeff Scott
04-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I use Pod Farm 2 as well and there are a ton of great presets. However...after trying out the IK Multimedia No brainer deal a while back...on the Miroslav Orchestra..I think I'd like to try their Amplitube plugin. The Miroslav sounds fantastic. If Amplitube is half as good...it's be a great addition to Pod Farm.