PDA

View Full Version : OT: AmpliTube 3 for free?

Microstudio
04-16-2011, 04:48 AM
Check out IK Multimedia's new Custom Shop this is pretty cool it starts with Amplitube 3 for free!

Custom Shop (http://www.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree/features/)

Rabbit
04-16-2011, 09:28 AM
I installed it on my SAW machine which has no internet connection. The custom shop thing only works with internet connected machines as far as I can tell after browsing their forum and there's no way to download online and port over to a stand alone DAW.

I ended up uninstalling it as it wouldn't see my sound card on its own and would become non responsive if I tried to change any settings on their config window; all I could do was kill it in task manager and try again only to get the same result.

That was a couple of hours I'll never get back.

Marvin
04-16-2011, 11:30 AM
The custom shop thing only works with internet connected machines as far as I can tell

It works for me, I just installed it on my non-internet machine. Run the installer on the non-internet computer, and choose offline authorization. The installer prepares a html file which you can save on a usb stick. Put the usb stick in a internet-connected computer, and launch the html file. Log in, enter your serial, and you will get an xml file in return. Transfer that to the non-internet machine, and continue the installation.

hth.
marvin

Rabbit
04-16-2011, 01:17 PM
It works for me, I just installed it on my non-internet machine. Run the installer on the non-internet computer, and choose offline authorization. The installer prepares a html file which you can save on a usb stick. Put the usb stick in a internet-connected computer, and launch the html file. Log in, enter your serial, and you will get an xml file in return. Transfer that to the non-internet machine, and continue the installation.

hth.
marvin

Yep, no problem authorizing on my SAW machine, that's not the issue. I was refering to the custom shop portion. For reference: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=894 and the fact it goes zombie on me when I try to configure the audio settings, this is in stand alone. I didn't bother to try it as a plug in.

Microstudio
04-16-2011, 07:36 PM
It works fine for me? That's a bummer it's not working for
you. I use Pod Farm 2, GTR 4 also with no problems.

Marvin
04-17-2011, 05:59 AM
Yep, no problem authorizing on my SAW machine, that's not the issue. I was refering to the custom shop portion.

Ah, ok I misunderstood. Well, you seem to be right, that doesn't work. Bummer.

marvin

AcousticGlue
04-18-2011, 04:07 AM
How is your CPU usage with this plugin?

DaveS
04-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Is this the regular Amplitube 3 or is it a special 'lite' version?

Microstudio
04-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Is this the regular Amplitube 3 or is it a special 'lite' version?

It's the full version and part of their new Custom Shop.

DaveS
04-20-2011, 09:24 AM
I just checked at the IK site. Amplitube FREE has 24 gear models...the 'real' version of Amplitube 3 has 160..... So it's more of an LE with the option to try-before-you-buy the custom models.....

Microstudio
04-21-2011, 05:34 AM
I just checked at the IK site. Amplitube FREE has 24 gear models...the 'real' version of Amplitube 3 has 160..... So it's more of an LE with the option to try-before-you-buy the custom models.....

No it is the full working version and you go to the Custom Shop to buy only the stuff you wont. You can buy the ALL the gear for a lower price but AMPFARM 3 is free.

DaveS
04-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Well, to me when they say "Fully Working" what they mean is there are no time outs/limits, noise bursts, etc. However from their site:

Download a free, fully functional version of AmpliTube 3
Start by downloading a FREE, fully functional version of AmpliTube 3 with all features and a collection of 24 free gear models:

9 stomp boxes
4 amplifiers
5 cabinets
3 microphones
2 rack effects
digital tuner
Amplitube 3 has 160 gear models - significantly more then the free version. Also from their site:

Current AmpliTube 3 users
Current AmpliTube 3 users should go to their user area (http://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/) and download the new 3.5 version to gain full access to the new Custom Shop as well as many new features: 64-bit plug-in compatibility, an improved preset browser with full graphical display of the rig, 4,000 new "patch" slots that store controller information with the presets, improved integration with IK's range of controllers (like the StealthPedal and StompIO) with full programmability directly from AmpliTube, improved MIDI control, "sequences" for organizing live playing presets and much more.
So yeah, it's a free working version - but it ain't the same as the purchased Amplitube 3, hence the 'sort of LE ' name I gave it It's still a good deal for those who don't need what's in the full package.