PDA

View Full Version : Shades

AudioAstronomer
06-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Though I balked at it before, im becoming very very fond of many of the shades. And I heard there are more than what's available on the sawstudio.com website....

Where would these be found. And is there a development kit or similiar for creating shades? I think I could come up with something quite snazzy i my spare time

TotalSonic
06-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Though I balked at it before, im becoming very very fond of many of the shades. And I heard there are more than what's available on the sawstudio.com website....

Where would these be found. And is there a development kit or similiar for creating shades? I think I could come up with something quite snazzy i my spare time

There are a number of shades which are modifications to RML Labs shades created by David Hayes & "Count Traffordz Graphic Artz" downloadable for free at http://www.dhayes.com

To create your own shade the easiest way I've seen is to download Restorator from http://www.bome.com/Restorator/ and use it to extract the bmp files from an RML Labs .shd file. You can then use an image editor such as Photoshop or GIMP and modify them to your hearts content. Just make sure that you keep the pixel sizes and color bit depths the same the original files.

You can then use Restorator to recompile these back into a new shd file.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

AudioAstronomer
06-12-2004, 12:53 PM
delicious :) I got something to do on this uneventful saturday night besides tune instruments.

TotalSonic
06-12-2004, 01:19 PM
delicious :) I got something to do on this uneventful saturday night besides tune instruments.

Robert -
Please post it up if you create one - I always like having more options and would love to see what you come up with. David Hayes has been generous with his webspace in this regard - not to speak for him - but based on past experience I think he'd probably be glad to host it for you.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Yura
06-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Dear Friends,
I had raged with changing SS' interfase befor, dare to say, stay to be some fan of that creation... now I making a new one that can be different enouth.
when I finish it you will see it, I hope.
all is realy I do with restorator and photoshop and saving in psd format for
further modifications and creation. it's takes so much time! I finished now only new console view yet (Z and W mixer inputs and aux). continue with other parts.

Yura O.

AudioAstronomer
06-12-2004, 01:48 PM
This will take me some time of course, but I think I can dedicate quite a few days to it.

At the very least I plan on changing the meters and fader(s). Color scheme's Im no good at so I will seek outside advice from a trained eye on that one.

I think I can have at least some nicer meters done tonight... we'll see how they look in action first though.