PDA

View Full Version : SAC System Pictures.....Thanks To Bob & forum for everything!

tomcat
05-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Just wanted to share pics of my SAC system that I have setup in our new sanctuary. Also wanted to say thanks to Bob! He truly is ahead of his time with this system. His customer service is second to none. Also thanks to all of you guys on this forum! I've spent many nights reading and learning from everyone!

tomcat
05-18-2011, 09:49 AM
More pics....

Brent Evans
05-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Nicely done. Looks pro.

tomcat
05-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks Brent, Love your shades!

ekimtoor1
05-18-2011, 01:57 PM
That is an awesome installation, but what did your drummer do that you had to build that little jailhouse for him/her?

:)

SCF Sound Guy
05-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Tomcat,

Looks very nice!
The PC sounds like something I want to put together.
What kind of touch screens are you using?

Cliff

tomcat
05-18-2011, 02:13 PM
:D You know how DRUMMERS are!!! We actually built this cage into the architecture of the building. It is a 12x13 room with rising ceiling (71/2 to 9' to 11'). We are finishing up the studio that is located on the 3rd floor. It will have 2 way video cameras to this room for recording. We have a split snake that sends all of our channels to this studio. Our goal was to be able to record live concerts or studio projects and use this drum room for both. Our studio will consist of a control room, live room, and a isolation booth. Adding the drum room via video link will give us the extra space.

tomcat
05-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Tomcat,

Looks very nice!
The PC sounds like something I want to put together.
What kind of touch screens are you using?

Cliff
We are using the HP 2105tm 21.5" touchscreen as well as the Acer T230H. They work ok for what they are used for. As remotes they do great, we can tap the channel we are adjusting and then move the large fader. No mouse and keyboard anywhere on stage. We purchased a number of the old Dell GX 3.0 GHz table top computers for about $120 each for the remotes.
For the front of house, I don't recommend them at all! I would go with standard monitors and a good mouse and keyboard. Although I would love to try that large 3m monitor that is coming out! :)

Sound Machine Inc
05-18-2011, 02:29 PM
We are using the HP 2105tm 21.5" touchscreen as well as the Acer T230H. They work ok for what they are used for. As remotes they do great, we can tap the channel we are adjusting and then move the large fader. No mouse and keyboard anywhere on stage. We purchased a number of the old Dell GX 3.0 GHz table top computers for about $120 each for the remotes.
For the front of house, I don't recommend them at all! I would go with standard monitors and a good mouse and keyboard. Although I would love to try that large 3m monitor that is coming out! :)

We are using touchscreens at FOH with great use.. the Dell 21"'s.. but big fingered people mileage may vary since I am running 1920x1080 on each screen

tomcat
05-18-2011, 02:34 PM
We have them at front of house. Our biggest problem is not the screens it is the mount. It is not placed very well and with the weight of the screen it just doesn't feel right. In that position, the mouse and keyboard does fine.

Sound Machine Inc
05-18-2011, 02:48 PM
We have them at front of house. Our biggest problem is not the screens it is the mount. It is not placed very well and with the weight of the screen it just doesn't feel right. In that position, the mouse and keyboard does fine.
gotcha.. I am probably changing to the Planar's since they actually have the vesa mounts on them.. but IF you like the functionality, I am sure someone at the church is a good woodworker, and you COULD get openframe units and have a nice oak cabinet made for them.. just thinking out loud

tomcat
05-18-2011, 02:52 PM
gotcha.. I am probably changing to the Planar's since they actually have the vesa mounts on them.. but IF you like the functionality, I am sure someone at the church is a good woodworker, and you COULD get openframe units and have a nice oak cabinet made for them.. just thinking out loud

send me a link, I am very interested. I just never was able to position the screens where I wanted them. We did toss around the idea of building something, but never went any further....

Sound Machine Inc
05-18-2011, 03:29 PM
send me a link, I am very interested. I just never was able to position the screens where I wanted them. We did toss around the idea of building something, but never went any further....

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5716147&pagenumber=2&RSort=1&csid=ITD&recordsPerPage=5&body=#ReviewStart

I am gonna probably get a chunk of aluminum bar 1/4" thick by 8" by 48" and drill to mount the 2 close together.. but that being said the attached pic is my custom live console prototype.. the screens are the Dell's and I cracked off the bezels and rear mounted them with clamps to 1/2 plywood.. crude but VERY effective

sounddork
05-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Nice looking rig. What kind of RAM did you end up with?

Frank DeWitt
05-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Very Very nice. You have set the bar for a high end permanent install. I like your choice in Preamps.

I am trying to do the math here.

It looks like 48 in and out.
1FOH with two screens,
13 remotes sharing monitors?
5 remote monitors, all touch screen.

Is that correct?

About how much did it cost?

Thanks

Frank

Brent Evans
05-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks Brent, Love your shades!

Brett makes the shades. I make noise and trouble (mostly). :)

tomcat
05-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Nice looking rig. What kind of RAM did you end up with?

I used Mushkin RAM.

tomcat
05-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Very Very nice. You have set the bar for a high end permanent install. I like your choice in Preamps.

I am trying to do the math here.

It looks like 48 in and out.
1FOH with two screens,
13 remotes sharing monitors?
5 remote monitors, all touch screen.

Is that correct?

About how much did it cost?

Thanks
Frank
I did a ball park guess and I am saying about $8,000-$8,500 for the SAC equipment. This is anything that SAC is using (remotes, monitors, CPU, etc). We also sold our old Aviom system for about $3,000....had it for 5-6 years. It can't touch SAC remotes! That helped us out. So we have 5G in the system not counting amps, speakers, wiring, stage pockets(we had them custom with VGA and USB for SAC), and all the hard work.

tomcat
05-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Brett makes the shades. I make noise and trouble (mostly). :)

Sorry! I was on my phone trying to respond. :p

AntonZ
05-22-2011, 02:40 AM
That is an awesome installation, but what did your drummer do that you had to build that little jailhouse for him/her?

:)
He's a drummer.
;)

+1 on the awesome installation.

Bruce Callaway
05-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Nicely done. Looks pro. I agree, great installation.

JeremyJo
12-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Been a few months since I last read through this thread. I wonder if there are any updates on this system?

How are the touch screens working?

How is the host pc behaving?

How are the musicians behaving?

how are the operators behaving?

Any "gee I wish we would have..."?

Thanks

Jetemy

tomcat
12-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Been a few months since I last read through this thread. I wonder if there are any updates on this system?

How are the touch screens working?

How is the host pc behaving?

How are the musicians behaving?

how are the operators behaving?

Any "gee I wish we would have..."?

Jetemy
Thanks
Still in love with the SAC system and our setup. Everything is holding up great! We are in the process of adding a screen for our organ player also. I placed it today. Our muscians use the screens in place of paper sheet music also. Everything is always a touch away and we never have to go running for sheet music.
We have had so many guest come through and comment on our sound. I have been recommending SAC for the last year and it looks like it is about to start paying off. I have a church close by that is pricing a SAC system for the church renovation. EVERYONE loves it. I have NEVER had someone come through that didn't leave impressed.
My only regret..............not listening to Bob up front. I was scared to step off into SAC head first. I had previously used Cubase and Nuendo to get my live setup.....I found SAC while searching the web. Long story short I build a quad-core system so that I could fall back to Cubase if I needed to. The system ran ok, but it was starting to hit 70-75***37; CPU and I was getting dropped buffers. Nothing just bad, but I wanted my system to scream and have plenty of headroom for expansion. Moved to a dual core intel i5 and I'm sitting at 40 channels and 12-13 monitor mixes with plenty of verb and Aux. channels on.....CPU load 40%! I moved the quad core xion to our studio..........IF YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE, LISTEN TO BOB! HE'S THA MAN!!!! Customer service second to none.

Donnie Frank
12-14-2011, 11:22 AM
:D You know how DRUMMERS are!!! We actually built this cage into the architecture of the building. It is a 12x13 room with rising ceiling (71/2 to 9' to 11'). We are finishing up the studio that is located on the 3rd floor. It will have 2 way video cameras to this room for recording. We have a split snake that sends all of our channels to this studio. Our goal was to be able to record live concerts or studio projects and use this drum room for both. Our studio will consist of a control room, live room, and a isolation booth. Adding the drum room via video link will give us the extra space.

Putting me in my own "room" would just opening doors to all kinds of debauchery. It would be booze, drugs and hookers throughout the entire performance...and no one would be the wiser!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

Seriously, great setup. I just mixed my band last night using SAC Remote wirelessly. Did FOH and all 3 monitor mixes, though I actually kept my IEM on the FOH mix all night long.

NoFear13X
12-15-2011, 09:26 PM
AWESOME install! This is essentially my goal over the next few months, with the unfortunate disadvantage that we are renting our building, and some things just can't be permanently installed. Just the same, the screen above the keyboard and such just look great.

Our muscians use the screens in place of paper sheet music also. Everything is always a touch away and we never have to go running for sheet music.

How so? What software are you using for music? Is it shared on a hard drive or does everyone just have their own? I'm VERY curious how they do music, because currently our team seems to rely on foldback monitors of EasyWorship, and the results are less-than-ideal if we don't know what verse is next, since apparently they don't know either! :rolleyes: