PDA

View Full Version : SS/MWS are simply the best!!

mr_es335
05-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Hello,

I am sure that I can speak for most of us here on this forum, but the more I use SS and MSW, the more I like it! I sincerely hope that Bob knows just how much we appreciate his efforts on producing the best DAW out there, period!

Also, I find that the more that I use SS, the more I return to the defaults of how Bob originally configured it. It just goes to show just how much time and effort he has put into these programs.

Note: I used a control surface and notation programs for years and now am even more comfortable at using a keyboard and mouse again. I also do not really miss the notation features of programs like Cubase SX - finding that I am becoming more and more adept with the functionality of MSW (especially at how quick I am able to perform editing, etc).

As an aside, the opportunity came up to teach some 12-15 year olds the basics of Digital Audio Recording and Mixing (primarily from a MIDI perspective and not because I am an expert in any way - only simply because there was no one who wanted to teach it).

Anyhow, I setup SS using 3 - Fkey configurations and took it from there. I was amazed at just how quickly these kids took to SS. I showed them some diagrams of hardware mixers and a GM MIDI Module and then showed them how these looked in SS - and they "just got it". Many of them would say, "OK, now I see it." or "Moving this here is the same as doing this..."

As the end of the day I left there with a feeling that I had really accomplished something, as well as the kids looking very excited about what they had just learned.

So, Bob, thank you very much..,.and you can have one me!

Bob L
05-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Glad you are enjoying the programs.

Bob L

ivanoff
05-20-2011, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Glad you are enjoying the programs.

Bob L

Vous savez, Bob, m***234;me si parfois les gens sur le forum demandent certains changements et ***233;mettent quelques critiques , ils n'oublient pas la qualit***233; et la philosophie avec laquelle vous r***233;alisez votre travail. Rien n'est parfait, mais SAW est plus qu'un simple DAW.:)

You know, Bob, even if sometimes people on the forum asking some changes and emit some criticism, they do not forget the quality and philosophy with which you perform your job. Nothing is perfect, but SAW is more than just a DAW.:)

bcorkery
05-20-2011, 09:22 AM
I don't do MIDI but SS is my bread and butter! I had an intern raving about how easy editing is in SS. I recorded a book and dropped markers during the recording and it took about a minute to explain and he was off and running.

Those markers are freaking GREAT! Fast and on the fly.

Tim Miskimon
05-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Yeah after using Saw almost every day for the past 17 years it sometimes is very easy to take it for granted.
It works so smoothy and it is very seldom that it ever gives me a problem.
So I will join in here in thanking Bob for such a great piece of Software.
Thanks Bob!