PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Track Special Properties

conleec
02-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Okay so this is a stupid one...

Is it just me and my system, or is the "hot spot" for right-clicking and opening the Track Special Properties menu a little hard to find sometimes. It seems like I have to constantly hunt around in the Label Display box to get this menu to open. Anybody else?

Thanks.

MMP
02-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Well, it works quite easily for me anywhere within the label box.

MM

Bob L
02-15-2005, 12:27 PM
The entire label box should be active for the right-click track properties popup menu.

Is your selection area smaller than that?

Bob L

Mountain Media
02-15-2005, 03:37 PM
The entire label box should be active for the right-click track properties popup menu.

Bob LActually, mine is only active from the layer number to the right, nothing to the left of the layer number, though no problem. However, I find that, if I hold the right mouse button down for just an instant more than a quick click, the popup menu will not display. This may be what's happening. Not sure if this is an XP thing or a SS thing. I've noticed this a couple of times before, but never a concern.

Carl G.
02-15-2005, 03:48 PM

Bob L
Bob,
On my system, an area on the left side of the Label box (left of the track number) does not activate the popup menu. I just be sure to never click there.

Chris:
Remember, that the popup only happens upon the release of the right button (so simply 'tapping' the right mouse button, may solve all your problems).

Bob L
02-15-2005, 04:11 PM
That is correct... the label display area from the layer display number to the right edge of the label name area.

I think that the holding the mouse btn down too long is what is probably causing the grief... realize that holding the mouse btns activates a completely different command function for most mouse operations... there are quick clicks, holds and drags as well as double-clicks... all activate different functions.

Bob L

conleec
02-15-2005, 04:12 PM
On my system, this menu is VERY finicky. It seems that I have to tap an area just to the right of and slightly above the layer number or else it won't work.

I'm using a dual monitor system with the MT on the right monitor. WinXP Pro, with an nVidia 580XGL graphics card.

Chris

Carl G.
02-15-2005, 07:03 PM
On my system, this menu is VERY finicky. It seems that I have to tap an area just to the right of and slightly above the layer number or else it won't work.

I'm using a dual monitor system with the MT on the right monitor. WinXP Pro, with an nVidia 580XGL graphics card.

Chris
Chris... are you using an optical mouse?
(there are precautions mentioned in another thread).

Might also check control panel..mouse settings for adjusting sensitivities of button response and excelleration mouse movements.

Bob L
02-16-2005, 12:13 AM
I really don't see how a system could alter the active area for the click detection... so my guess still goes with the fact that you may be holding onto the mouse btn for too long... try a quick click... just tap the btn... of course you can't be moving the mouse around at the same time... perhaps you have the mouse sensitivity way too high... lower the mouse acceleration speed in the Windows Control panel and see if that helps.

Bob L

conleec
02-16-2005, 12:54 AM
perhaps you have the mouse sensitivity way too high...

Well, this is a little subjective, isn't it. ;)

I actually do have my mouse sensitivity set very high, 'cause I cannot stand a slow mouse. I'll play around with it and see if that is in fact the problem. However, as I said, I'm loath to slow my mouse down. If I do, I feel like I'm working on a Macintosh... :p

UpTilDawn
02-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Not only is it subjective, but it's pretty darn presumptuous to assume you know how sensitive a mouse should or shouldn't be.... isn't it? They're entitled to their feelings, after all.....

Mountain Media
02-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Not only is it subjective, but it's pretty darn presumptuous to assume you know how sensitive a mouse should or shouldn't be.... isn't it? They're entitled to their feelings, after all.....Oh, I was COMPLETELY mistaken! I wasn't thinking of the mouse's sensitivity at all -- I was taking it to mean Chris' sensitivity TO the mouse - so to speak!! :p

UpTilDawn
02-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Obviously Chris needs sensitivity training considering how he talks about loathing a mouse just because it's a little slow! :rolleyes:

Mountain Media
02-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Obviously Chris needs sensitivity training considering how he talks about loathing a mouse just because it's a little slow! :rolleyes:Half the world wishing they could slow down a little - the other half frustrated because their mice are already there!!

AudioAstronomer
02-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Uh...

my click thingy works fine on the labels.

and my mouse has skin tough as nails I tell ya what. Speedy little bugger but he aint lettin no one put him down. Good man, good man.