PDA

View Full Version : SS with Win7 and RME

Carlos Mills
06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Hello, is everybody here already having a good time with SS with Windows 7? Are there recommended tweaks? I did not find one is SS`s web site... Thanks in advance for any input.

Dave Labrecque
06-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Hello, is everybody here already having a good time with SS with Windows 7? Are there recommended tweaks? I did not find one is SS`s web site... Thanks in advance for any input.

hi carlos,

I'm having pretty good luck in windows 7 with 1 exception. if I record to the sound file view with a session open, and then play back from the sound file view right after, saw crashes.

bob has prepared some windows 7 tweaks that we're using for SAW, but they're on the SAC website. the main things seem to be to turn off border padding and that fancy aero stuff for the windows interface. also if you change the compatibility mode for the sawstudio dot ext file to XP sp2 or sp3 SAW won't crash hardly at all. maybe never, except for that 1 thing I mentioned above.

yes, I'm using the speech to text feature on my new thunderbolt. I'm too lazy to go back and fix the capitalization stuff. Sorry. :-)

to the honest I can't figure out why they don't have the capitalization happening at the start of each sentence by default. other than that, I think they really dialed in this android o s pretty darn well. good news for those of us who don't want to be "assimilated". ;-) I'm also amazed at how well this speech to text technology has come a long. it's probably correct 90 percent of the time. but I digress...

Bob L
06-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Take a look at the SAC site Support section for the Win 7 tweaks doc.

Bob L

Carlos Mills
06-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Take a look at the SAC site Support section for the Win 7 tweaks doc.

Bob L

Thanks Bob! Found it: http://www.softwareaudioconsole.com/Tweaking_Windows.htm