PDA

View Full Version : strange behaviour remote/connection

janneman
06-12-2011, 09:02 AM
I have a strange behaviour of my remote TCP/IP mode
seen this 3 weeks ago for the first time, was hoping that it would be better with SAC 2.8. but still got the same problem.

start-up host as normal, start the TCP/IP Host/master mode.
looks good.
start the remote (laptop) as soon there is a connection (By Cat5 cable, no wireless) I activate the TCP/IP Remote mode.
everything works oké.
as soon I unplug the Cat5 cable, or stop the TCP/IP mode at the side of the laptop, the TCP/IP Host/master mode on the Host is stopped aswell a second after.
I can not start the TCP/IP host/master mode again on the host.
I have to shut SAC host and start-up SAC again.
for now it's not a big problem when there is no remote possibility anymore, Running mostly FOH with Host, but I would like to solve that problem.
because in near future I would like to have a laptop/remote for monitors.
and if something happens to the connection, there will be no remote annymore, unless I shut down SAC completly and start-up SAC again.

anybody?
greetings
janneman

KUI
06-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Are you using the wormhole or some other network streaming plugins.
If you are open an instance of SACremote on the host and log it in with no access rights. This connection will stop the host from losing it tcp/ip connection capability. I found this work around a few years back while testing various ways to stream the solo buss over the network to be able to get it to the remotes.

I gave up on that method to many hoops to jump through.

KUI

905shmick
06-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I havent tried it, but I recall seeing it mentioned that if you change the TCP port in SAC to something else then it might work instead of restarting SAC.

janneman
06-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Are you using the wormhole or some other network streaming plugins.

KUI

I did in the past, but then I did not have any problems with the remote.
at the moment i'm not using any of these plugs.

greetings
janneman

janneman
06-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I havent tried it, but I recall seeing it mentioned that if you change the TCP port in SAC to something else then it might work instead of restarting SAC.

will try this, and see it's a work around

greetings
janneman

gdougherty
06-12-2011, 06:56 PM

It does absolutely work as I discovered it and have used it many times to save my butt when the hosting went down.