PDA

View Full Version : AnwidaSoft: state of affairs?

Dave Labrecque
06-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Anyone know what's the current situation at AnwidaSoft?

I remember a while back they were a bit dodgy with communications. I just tried to register all my Anwida plugs just installed on my new system (get them out of demo mode), but I don't have all the info I need, so I went to their site to get into my account, etc., but it appears to be down. Some of the web pages are there, but stuff isn't working.

Anybody? :confused:

radiorog
06-14-2011, 01:42 PM
I've tried to contact them twice because my copy of Spazio won't install on my Win7 64-bit system. Never got a response.

Roger

Grekim
06-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Maybe a year ago I contacted them to allow me to use a VST version of the Equoa Pack (in addition to the SS version) and they came through relatively quickly. Twice since then I asked if I could also have a Mac authorization, but got no response.

Dave, are you saying you need a different installer or authorizer for Windows 7 or did you just misplace the codes?

ivanoff
06-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Message on their Home page

We are sorry, but there are temporary problems with our web server.
Please, try later !

TotalSonic
06-14-2011, 02:02 PM
I haven't been on their site in ages but the home page states:
"We are sorry, but there are temporary problems with our web server.
Please, try later !"

Afaik they have stopped developing any SAWStudio native format plugins a bit ago but last I checked (probably 2 years ago) still offered them for sale.

iirc I noted a bit ago when I was setting up my most recently built DAW that there was an update to Spazio and the Modula pack plugins but I had problems activating these as seems they had converted to a hard drive based activation scheme rather than the downloadable activator file + simple registry code they had used before. Rather than open the can of worms that hard drive based activation schemes give you (meaning the use of the plugin is only as long as the hard drive lasts and/or the company continues support) I just stuck with the old versions of these and Spazio, as I do not have to depend on Anwida to keep using these.

I still find use for Spazio now and then as it is indeed pretty flexible and has a nice sounding plate algorithm - although SIR2 is what I use for most of my reverberation chores these days. The Modula pack plugins see less use here but I'm very grateful to have automateable solutions like these when needed. It's a shame that Anwida couldn't find more success with their support for the SAWStudio native plugin format - but it is indeed a very small niche market that seems to be best served when the developers are creating things because they are SAW users themselves and just want to share the cool toys they made (i.e. JMS Audioware and Sonoris - both of whom likewise are showing markedly diminished development for the SAW format in the most recent years as well as they are both involved in other projects which take up more of their time now.)

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Dave Labrecque
06-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Maybe a year ago I contacted them to allow me to use a VST version of the Equoa Pack (in addition to the SS version) and they came through relatively quickly. Twice since then I asked if I could also have a Mac authorization, but got no response.

Dave, are you saying you need a different installer or authorizer for Windows 7 or did you just misplace the codes?

Looks like I misplaced the codes. Not like me. I'm pretty anal about that stuff. But I do remember that the whole authorization process was pretty complicated the first time around, so I guess I couldn't keep up. :(

Everything appears to have installed fine on my Win7 x64 machine. I did some 'XP SP3' compatibility and 'run as admin' stuff to the install EXE's. Not sure if that's why I had better luck installing Spazio than Roger.

I just need to get 'em out of demo mode now, by entering the codes in the authorizer program thingy.

Dave Labrecque
06-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Message on their Home page

We are sorry, but there are temporary problems with our web server.
Please, try later !

Yeah. Something tells me that in this case 'later' is another way of saying 'when hell freezes over'. :(

Dave Labrecque
06-14-2011, 03:17 PM
I haven't been on their site in ages but the home page states:
"We are sorry, but there are temporary problems with our web server.
Please, try later !"

Afaik they have stopped developing any SAWStudio native format plugins a bit ago but last I checked (probably 2 years ago) still offered them for sale.

iirc I noted a bit ago when I was setting up my most recently built DAW that there was an update to Spazio and the Modula pack plugins but I had problems activating these as seems they had converted to a hard drive based activation scheme rather than the downloadable activator file + simple registry code they had used before. Rather than open the can of worms that hard drive based activation schemes give you (meaning the use of the plugin is only as long as the hard drive lasts and/or the company continues support) I just stuck with the old versions of these and Spazio, as I do not have to depend on Anwida to keep using these.

I still find use for Spazio now and then as it is indeed pretty flexible and has a nice sounding plate algorithm - although SIR2 is what I use for most of my reverberation chores these days. The Modula pack plugins see less use here but I'm very grateful to have automateable solutions like these when needed. It's a shame that Anwida couldn't find more success with their support for the SAWStudio native plugin format - but it is indeed a very small niche market that seems to be best served when the developers are creating things because they are SAW users themselves and just want to share the cool toys they made (i.e. JMS Audioware and Sonoris - both of whom likewise are showing markedly diminished development for the SAW format in the most recent years as well as they are both involved in other projects which take up more of their time now.)

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Odd that the Anwida site is still "up", yet not functional. It's kinda like a ghost town, like they got outta Dodge real quick-like, leaving some of the lights on. Or at least some of the buildings standing. :confused:

RE: SAW... Hate to say it, but it seems to me that SAW is in its sunset years on several fronts. :(

TotalSonic
06-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Odd that the Anwida site is still "up", yet not functional. It's kinda like a ghost town, like they got outta Dodge real quick-like, leaving some of the lights on. Or at least some of the buildings standing. :confused:

RE: SAW... Hate to say it, but it seems to me that SAW is in its sunset years on several fronts. :(

Well for me SAW works just as well today as it did yesterday and still fulfills my needs extremely well. As far as the future - even if development of SAW stopped tomorrow (and from all we've been told this is not true as even though it is delayed due to the complexity of it coding for the 5.0 update is ongoing) - I still would continue using it as I know the features I need to use like the back of my hand and am very fast editing with it - and other apps still are just fairly redundant of what it already does - so that the expense for these doesn't make sense as a priority in comparison to other desires for studio upgrades (i.e. been thinking about getting some new converters later this year - and the Fairchild record lathe restoration I am doing needs some cash thrown at it as well). And for lots of users it's been proven to work just fine on Windows 7 - so it's not like XP support ending in 2014 actually reflects an end to SAW either.

Next thing is that even though SAC development has taken Bob's focus from SAW it is in fact allowing for a greater lifespan of SAW as it could potentially bring more users since many will want to find a recorder app that can hook directly into SAC.

As far as SAW native plugin development - the tools already offered by JMS Audioware and Sonoris are still readily available and work great - and while the Brainspawn stuff is slightly buggy at least it is now available on my website for free. But further 3rd party support is indeed not really there as all known prior developers have kind of abandoned more development of SAW native plugs. For this reason I think VST plugin automation support would be indeed a great thing to see happen in the future. I am indeed looking forward to seeing what new SAW native plugins that Bob said he was coding now will come out though!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Dave Labrecque
06-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Well for me SAW works just as well today as it did yesterday and still fulfills my needs extremely well. As far as the future - even if development of SAW stopped tomorrow (and from all we've been told this is not true as even though it is delayed due to the complexity of it coding for the 5.0 update is ongoing) - I still would continue using it as I know the features I need to use like the back of my hand and am very fast editing with it - and other apps still are just fairly redundant of what it already does - so that the expense for these doesn't make sense as a priority in comparison to other desires for studio upgrades (i.e. been thinking about getting some new converters later this year - and the Fairchild record lathe restoration I am doing needs some cash thrown at it as well). And for lots of users it's been proven to work just fine on Windows 7 - so it's not like XP support ending in 2014 actually reflects an end to SAW either.

Next thing is that even though SAC development has taken Bob's focus from SAW it is in fact allowing for a greater lifespan of SAW as it could potentially bring more users since many will want to find a recorder app that can hook directly into SAC.

As far as SAW native plugin development - the tools already offered by JMS Audioware and Sonoris are still readily available and work great - and while the Brainspawn stuff is slightly buggy at least it is now available on my website for free. But further 3rd party support is indeed not really there as all known prior developers have kind of abandoned more development of SAW native plugs. For this reason I think VST plugin automation support would be indeed a great thing to see happen in the future. I am indeed looking forward to seeing what new SAW native plugins that Bob said he was coding now will come out though!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

New SAW native plugins? I missed that. Got a link?

Craig Allen
06-14-2011, 03:58 PM
I couldn't get one of the packs to install on Win7 64 bit, but I ended up taking that machine back to XP. I think they're pretty much gone.

TotalSonic
06-14-2011, 04:03 PM
New SAW native plugins? I missed that. Got a link?

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13630&highlight=plugins

Got to note that the SAC 2.8 update came out just last week - including a revision to its linking to allow for the greater track count of version 5.0
So I have a gut feeling that the long awaited 5.0 update isn't all that far off. Guess we'll see!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

TotalSonic
06-14-2011, 04:12 PM
I couldn't get one of the packs to install on Win7 64 bit, but I ended up taking that machine back to XP. I think they're pretty much gone.

Yet another example of why I remain enormously grateful to Bob for not having any copy protection schemes on his products!!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Craig Allen
06-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Yet another example of why I remain enormously grateful to Bob for not having any copy protection schemes on his products!!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

This has nothing to do with copy protection - it just won't install on the 64 bit OS. It installed fine on a 32 bit OS.

Dave Labrecque
06-14-2011, 05:29 PM
This has nothing to do with copy protection - it just won't install on the 64 bit OS. It installed fine on a 32 bit OS.

I think Steve's referring to me. I got 'em all installed, but can't turn off 'demo' mode because there's apparently no company any more to supply me with the appropriate codes. :(

Craig Allen
06-14-2011, 05:35 PM
I think Steve's referring to me. I got 'em all installed, but can't turn off 'demo' mode because there's apparently no company any more to supply me with the appropriate codes. :(

Since he quoted me, I thought he meant me. But maybe he quoted the wrong post.

Dave Labrecque
06-14-2011, 09:21 PM

Good point. Maybe he was reacting to your last sentence only.

Naturally Digital
06-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I think Steve's referring to me. I got 'em all installed, but can't turn off 'demo' mode because there's apparently no company any more to supply me with the appropriate codes. :(Dave IIRC there aren't any 'codes'. There are reg files you click on to activate the plugs. At least that's how I remember it. It's been a while though.

You should check back in your old emails for these files from Anwida. (you DO have your old emails right? :rolleyes:)

Dave Labrecque
06-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Dave IIRC there aren't any 'codes'. There are reg files you click on to activate the plugs. At least that's how I remember it. It's been a while though.

You should check back in your old emails for these files from Anwida. (you DO have your old emails right? :rolleyes:)

Hmmmm... well, what I found with my Anwida downloaded stuff is a program called ASAppActivator. The latest version appears to be 2.0, dated 4/4/2005. I wonder if that pre- or post-dates the use of reg files. :confused:When I run it, it asks for a couple of codes.

Dave Labrecque
06-15-2011, 11:57 AM
How 'bout this. I wrote to contact@anwida.com yesterday. Today I heard back:

Dear Mr. Labrecque

I have forwarded your email to the person in charge of the registrations. He will help you to reactivate your software.

Best regards
Massimiliano Tonelli

I replied, thanking him and asking if he could tell me anything about the state of Anwida, in light of the website being inactive.

TotalSonic
06-15-2011, 12:55 PM

Yup! sorry for the confusion.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Dave Labrecque
06-16-2011, 02:17 PM
The latest: I have received copies of my original registration emails from Anwida Tech Support (support2@anwida.com). They explain how to get it all going. It took a couple days to get the info, but I got the info, and I'm told that the website issues were due to problems with their provider. They are ostensibly still operating. Website seem to be functioning, again.

Carl G.
06-17-2011, 12:55 AM
..But further 3rd party support is indeed not really there as all known prior developers have kind of abandoned more development of SAW native plugs. For this reason I think VST plugin automation support would be indeed a great thing to see happen in the future.
Best regards,
Steve Berson

IF it were possible - I also believe VST automation in SAWstudio would make a huge addition to the benefits of using SAWstudio, hence draw additional customers too (from SAC and other parts of the audio world).

Craig Allen
06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
IF it were possible - I also believe VST automation in SAWstudio would make a huge addition to the benefits of using SAWstudio, hence draw additional customers too (from SAC and other parts of the audio world).

+1

Richard Rupert
05-02-2014, 12:10 PM
The latest: I have received copies of my original registration emails from Anwida Tech Support (support2@anwida.com). They explain how to get it all going. It took a couple days to get the info, but I got the info, and I'm told that the website issues were due to problems with their provider. They are ostensibly still operating. Website seem to be functioning, again.

Bringing up an old thread as I try to activate Spazio and the Modula pack on a new Win 8.1 64 bit machine. The Activator program CLAIMS that the plugs are now activated and fully functional, but in fact they are not. The dialog box indicating that I need to activate them comes up every time I instantiate them. Maybe they simply aren't compatible with a 64 bit OS...?

Dave Labrecque
05-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Bringing up an old thread as I try to activate Spazio and the Modula pack on a new Win 8.1 64 bit machine. The Activator program CLAIMS that the plugs are now activated and fully functional, but in fact they are not. The dialog box indicating that I need to activate them comes up every time I instantiate them. Maybe they simply aren't compatible with a 64 bit OS...?

Website seem to be up and running. There's a post on the home page from March. That's about it, though. Not sure how active they are any more. I noticed that my account page is still accessible, though a couple of my Anwida licenses don't appear there, so I dropped them a note via their support/contact support page. We'll see...

When I tried them back in 2011, they were responsive. I say give 'em a try.

Richard Rupert
05-02-2014, 06:41 PM
I sent them an e-mail too... hopefully they'll respond to both of us. :)

Richard Rupert
05-04-2014, 08:08 AM
I received this e-mail from Anwida:

Hello

I am forwarding your request to the person in charge of the registrations.

Best regards
Massimiliano Tonelli

ANWIDA Soft

It's a start. :)

Dave Labrecque
05-05-2014, 12:04 PM
I received this e-mail from Anwida:

Hello

I am forwarding your request to the person in charge of the registrations.

Best regards
Massimiliano Tonelli

ANWIDA Soft
It's a start. :)

I got that same reply a few years back, and they got me fixed up. No reply from them yet this time for me, though.

Richard Rupert
05-05-2014, 06:44 PM
I got that same reply a few years back, and they got me fixed up. No reply from them yet this time for me, though.

Me either... still waiting... fingers crossed.

Richard Rupert
05-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Aha! I received another response with a suggestion, and this got me up and running. The cause of my install failing was that I was not uninstalling the previous install. I had to run the uninstaller program; simply deleting the .dll files did not work.

Here's the Anwida e-mail:

Hello

Did you try to unistall the applications and run the setup from scratch?
I would advice to try this one if you already have not.
Please let us know.

Best regards
Massimiliano Tonelli

ANWIDA Soft

Dave Labrecque
05-06-2014, 07:39 AM
Aha! I received another response with a suggestion, and this got me up and running. The cause of my install failing was that I was not uninstalling the previous install. I had to run the uninstaller program; simply deleting the .dll files did not work.

Here's the Anwida e-mail:

Hello

Did you try to unistall the applications and run the setup from scratch?
I would advice to try this one if you already have not.
Please let us know.

Best regards
Massimiliano Tonelli

ANWIDA Soft

Nice. I just got the 'will forward to registration person' email from him. Sounds like they're still operating in some form. :)

Microstudio
05-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Has anyone emailed them asking why they are not faster with their tech support? Emails are fast IMHO it should not take long.

Richard Rupert
05-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Has anyone emailed them asking why they are not faster with their tech support? Emails are fast IMHO it should not take long.

I believe my replies came within a day of my sending the questions. So for my case, that wasn't unreasonable. Besides, a little honey gets you a lot more that a gallon of vinegar. ;)

Dave Labrecque
05-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Microstudio,

Why don't you blow them out on KVR, then start an Anwida Facebook page and an Anwida Google page. And a learn Anwida site.:D

LOL. :p

Craig Allen
05-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Microstudio,

Why don't you blow them out on KVR, then start an Anwida Facebook page and an Anwida Google page. And a learn Anwida site.:D

:D:D:D

RBIngraham
05-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Thank you!