PDA

View Full Version : Additional track count issues?

Dave Labrecque
08-04-2011, 01:35 PM
I appear to have the latest release, but...

I have an RML EQ plug and an Echo/Delay plug, both on two Return pre-fader patch points. They're all showing "track 73" and "track 74" in their respective displays when launched from Ret 1 and Ret 2, respectively, but don't change their displays when the hot track changes.

Can anyone else confirm?

Bob L
08-04-2011, 09:13 PM
It seems there is some place within the plugin parameters that is locking into the old track positions... I am looking into it.

For now... if you save the plugin settings as a preset and unpatch and repatch and reload the preset, it will display the correct track info.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
08-04-2011, 11:39 PM
It seems there is some place within the plugin parameters that is locking into the old track positions... I am looking into it.

For now... if you save the plugin settings as a preset and unpatch and repatch and reload the preset, it will display the correct track info.

Bob L

OK, thanks Bob.

Carl G.
08-04-2011, 11:41 PM
I appear to have the latest release, but...

I have an RML EQ plug and an Echo/Delay plug, both on two Return pre-fader patch points. They're all showing "track 73" and "track 74" in their respective displays when launched from Ret 1 and Ret 2, respectively, but don't change their displays when the hot track changes.

Can anyone else confirm?

The "Legendary Land of Labrecque"! :)

(Even though the heat wave is sending us Temperatures like Arizona, I can't confirm the track count issue here)

Dave Labrecque
08-05-2011, 12:00 AM
The "Legendary Land of Labrecque"! :)

(Even though the heat wave is sending us Temperatures like Arizona, I can't confirm the track count issue here)

In true "dry heat" fashion, I did stumble upon it in regular ol' work flow (it was a humble stumble), rather than seek it out, which sometimes I fear I'm suspected of doing. ;)

But credit must go to Chris Mickle, I think, who first reported it. A fine-form return to our forum, I must say.

My guess is that you haven't tried opening a "legacy" (pre-v5.0) session with native plugs patched on the returns. That's when the issue reveals itself, methinks. Either that, or you simply need a bit of dehumidification to match Tucson conditions.* :p

*In the interest of full disclosure: it's monsoon season right now out here -- the annual "humid" time of year -- though at mid-40s % humidity, you may still consider us "dry heat" country. ;)

Carl G.
08-05-2011, 08:27 AM
In true "dry heat" fashion, I did stumble upon it in regular ol' work flow (it was a humble stumble), rather than seek it out, which sometimes I fear I'm suspected of doing. ;)

But credit must go to Chris Mickle, I think, who first reported it. A fine-form return to our forum, I must say.

My guess is that you haven't tried opening a "legacy" (pre-v5.0) session with native plugs patched on the returns. That's when the issue reveals itself, methinks. Either that, or you simply need a bit of dehumidification to match Tucson conditions.* :p

*In the interest of full disclosure: it's monsoon season right now out here -- the annual "humid" time of year -- though at mid-40s % humidity, you may still consider us "dry heat" country. ;)

Ah... now I see.... it's from patches in 4.9 showing up that way in 5.0.
Thanks for the heads up.
BTW, This month heat indexes hit over hit 113 ....
Fans just blow "waves of humidity"!

UpTilDawn
08-05-2011, 09:30 AM
...*In the interest of full disclosure: it's monsoon season right now out here -- the annual "humid" time of year -- though at mid-40s ***37; humidity, you may still consider us "dry heat" country. ;)

That "high" humidity (how do you STAND it?! ) certainly hasn't dampened your keen sense of finding problems (even if this one isn't truly yours). :)

Richard Rupert
08-05-2011, 01:03 PM

I visited my sister during "monsoon season". She lives near Phoenix. I didn't find it a bit humid, but the intense heat made me feel like I was walking into a blast furnace whenever I'd get brave enough to go outdoors. :D However, when I'm enduring 20 degree highs in February here in Pennsylvania, I definitely get an e-mail from her reminding me that she has only two weeks of "bad" weather!

Dave Labrecque
08-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I visited my sister during "monsoon season". She lives near Phoenix. I didn't find it a bit humid, but the intense heat made me feel like I was walking into a blast furnace whenever I'd get brave enough to go outdoors. :D However, when I'm enduring 20 degree highs in February here in Pennsylvania, I definitely get an e-mail from her reminding me that she has only two weeks of "bad" weather!

I remember visiting my sister here during monsoon season before I ever moved out to Tucson. She and her husband were complaining about the humidity. I couldn't feel it. Today, having lived here for close to twenty years, I can feel it! Cripes! It's almost 50***37; today! :p

I also have a memory of sitting in my A/C-free rental house north of Chicago in the early 90s as the humidity approached 100% one summer. I was not a happy camper, both because the temperature was also in the 90s (true misery), and because my SM81 was crackling due to the humidity. I was one poopy-pantsed audio geek that day, my friend. Figuratively speaking.

Richard Rupert
08-06-2011, 07:35 AM
<snip>Figuratively speaking.
Happily. Or better yet, "Thankfully". :)