PDA

View Full Version : Question about Aux section

Yura
06-14-2004, 06:33 PM
I just try catch the some of logical part of aux behavior.
I see it not works in Live mode as input chan. when to assign input source of aux return to dev 01 and assign out to 1 there is horrible latency in live mode. so I understand aux section designed to work with external loops only
in playback mode, not in live.
and if to assign input source of aux return to dev 02 and assign out to 2 we will see no activity while playback untill there will be at last one active input track with out assigment to 2 device. why and how aux "cares" for this certainly assigment? in this case the return module is something different then input module. but it is not well shown on the Routing signal flow sceme.
maybe I am very wrong, but both Input and Return channels are identical in theirs ending paths on this sceme.
as i understand, simplified sceme of aux module is like that :

Bob L
06-14-2004, 08:14 PM
Yura,

The Return modules are different than the input modules... and they are designed to allow their use as a live fx return when using external gear... they do not substitute for an input module...

The engine makes decisions about who is connected and routed where everytime you start playback, so it can streamline the internal performance of the engine for max efficiency... it cancels out buffers and pointers that are not actively routed. The Input conditions are different than the Return conditions, so they do not behave the same in the current design.

Use Input modules for main signal sources... and Returns for fx returns as designed.

Bob L

Yura
06-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Thank you Bob for upgrading my awareness.

what I forgot to say, there is just one a little bit strangeness.
the pan slider of aux master... the signal is not folows quicly enouth it.
it follows with very big lag, very big inertia. I was trying to use it in one
my studio setup and was surprised by this. i can dispense without it, changing setup a little. but I never heard before about such a tip.

Thanks

Bob L
06-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Yura,

Good find... guess none of us have ever used the Aux Master Pan..:)

It will be fixed in the next update.

Bob L

Carey Langille
06-15-2004, 11:54 AM
YURA!! You ROCK!! You are amazing at finding all these wierd bugs!! Keep it up dude..It all makes the engine tighter!!. Thanks for your great contirbutions!

Yura
06-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Because I am just in very big vacations till the deep autumn,
or maybe much longer. have a very lot of time to free creative activity
and fishing comets! :) too too much navigating in SAW. I love it!

bertie
06-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Yura!!!You are the Man :)

Bertie (lifetime SAWStudio user) :)

MMP
06-15-2004, 01:41 PM
But someone turned him into a bird!http://www.sawstudiouser.net/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

MM