PDA

View Full Version : Something Broke in 5.0

Tim Miskimon
08-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Okay today using Melodyn (the old version)
I tuned a few vocal tracks and then tried saving to another track & also to another layer.
When I viewed the saved track it had nothing on it.
I closed Saw reopened and tried again - this time the saved file had audio on it.
Every time I tried this (at least 20 times) it would save an empty file until I closed Saw and restarted Saw and reopened the EDL and then it would work.
I've been doing it this way with Saw 4.9 and backwards for the past 5 years and it has always worked.
Something in 5.0 has changed this.
Any ideas Bob?

P.S.
I just thought of something else - yesterday the same thing happened when I tried saving a kick drum replacement while using Drumagog 4.0.
The file kept saving empty. I would close Saw 5.0, restart & reopen the EDL - tried it again and it worked.
Something's obviously wrong.

matt
08-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Try this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

Tim Miskimon
08-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Try this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

I'm using Windows XP Pro - the link seems to refer to moving to other OS.

The problem is happening with the latest (5.0) version of Saw but not on 4.9 or earlier.
I was hoping Bob would chip in on this one since it has me puzzled.

Bob L
08-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Give me a step by step to duplicate the problem... I have not noticed anything like this in 5.0 here... but... there were lots of internal design changes... so anything is possible.

Bob L

Tim Miskimon
08-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Give me a step by step to duplicate the problem... I have not noticed anything like this in 5.0 here... but... there were lots of internal design changes... so anything is possible.

Bob L

Okay thanks.
This is happening with both Melodyn (old version) & Drumagog 4.0.

Patch plugin to any track.
Do edits as needed.
Now try to save to either a new layer on the same track or to another hot track.
When I view the newly saved track there is no audio on the track.
Now I save the EDL, close EDL, close SAW, reopen SAW & EDL and when I try to save to either a new layer on the same track or to another hot track it now works.

Just for the record these projects were started on SAW 4.9 and Melodyn & Drumagog 4.0 were working properly on 4.9 - no problem saving.
Thanks for checking this out.