PDA

View Full Version : MT Dissapears

Carl G.
10-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Strange today. Most of the time I click back in the multitrack... it disappears.
Frustrating. Any one ever have that happen? SS 5.0

Bob L
10-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Clicking from where... another program... the SACLink... the TalkBack Switch plugin?

Bob L

Carl G.
10-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Clicking from where... another program... the SACLink... the TalkBack Switch plugin?

Bob L

With SAC & SS up and SAC Link on with SAC Engine engaged.
SS on primary (left) Monitor, and SAC on secondary (right) Monitor
Recording in ready mode on Ch 5 in SS tapped off SAC Ch 5.
Click over to SAC (2nd monitor)...
then click back to SS MT (on 1st monitor)
MT disappears on first left click....
THEN reappears on second left click.
*every time*, every new instance.

Bob L
10-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Yes... I have seen that but have not found a fix... or exactly why it is happening yet... it has to do with the main window loosing focus when you switch between the two apps... if you click first on the main SAW client area, the MT will not dissapear...

Working on it.

Bob L

Carl G.
10-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Yes... I have seen that but have not found a fix... or exactly why it is happening yet... it has to do with the main window loosing focus when you switch between the two apps... if you click first on the main SAW client area, the MT will not dissapear...

Working on it.

Bob L

Yep... actually, it happens to *every* window is SS... not just the MT.
(if that helps trace it)
It actually seems like the background window takes focus.
And... it happens whether I have SS background in windows expandable mode or in full fixed screen mode.

MikeDee
10-19-2011, 09:03 AM
I've noticed that when I click on the SAC-Link or SAW-Link menu item, this issue does not occur. (I'm using only one monitor, i.e., the laptop screen.)

Bob L
10-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Yes... I have only seen it when switching applications thru normal Windows methods... and so far, it is not making sense.

Bob L

MikeDee
10-19-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm not surprised...I began experiencing Windows Focus [or lack thereof] issues since the initial release of Windows 2000. Ironic that it did not occur in Win95! :eek:

Carl G.
10-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Yes... I have only seen it when switching applications thru normal Windows methods... and so far, it is not making sense.

Bob L
Forgot to mention I'm on XP sp3

Dave Labrecque
10-19-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm not surprised...I began experiencing Windows Focus [or lack thereof] issues since the initial release of Windows 2000. Ironic that it did not occur in Win95! :eek:

Sounds like the NT kernel is to blame. There I go... trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about again. Don't believe it. :p