PDA

View Full Version : SAC locks up when using load at start up!

Digitalfirefly
10-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Hi All

I have an intermittent problem,

Im doing some test on auto loading SAC at start up.
For about a week i’ve had no problems, but now intermittently, SAC locks up and the computer crashes, SAC will not even “end program”
The only thing I can do is hold the power button down and force a re-boot.
Sometimes it comes back and works sometimes it fails again.

The program locks just after it loads the VST plug ins
The top menu bar is grey in colour as if the GUI hasn’t loaded correctly.
And the green light is visible dimly.

All this even before you get a chance to engage the engine.

HP compaq DC7100 Pentium 4, 2 gig of ram, 1 x HDSP, 3 x ADA8000, 2 x BCF2000, Windows XP, all windows tweeks done.

The only thing that has changed is the english weather, its quit cold in my store!

Any thoughts

S

airickess
10-19-2011, 07:35 AM
It appears to me that there is a VST plug-in that is causing this. Pull out from the plug-in folder any third-party VSTs. See if SAC starts up correctly. If so, then add one VST at a time and start SAC again. This will allow you to find the VST that is causing this crash.

Bob L
10-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Also... try not auto-loading and starting manually from a desktop icon... if that works... there could be some driver or other Windows element that has not finished loading in the background before you SAC starts to load automatically during the boot cycle... you may need a delay in your auto-load setup.

Bob L

solarex
10-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Are you scheduling the SAC startup in the registry ? If so , you may want to drop SAC shortcut in the "Startup" folder in the START menu--- this allows all the user space routine to load first.

sjpaul
10-19-2011, 09:51 AM
I've seen a definate time lag when loading up a session that uses a certain waves plug. As has been mentioned, clear any VST plug ins and re-partch 1 at a time to try to chase it down.

Digitalfirefly
10-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks everyone,

As you probably worked out already SAC loads fine from the desk top Icon.

I have not changed any of the VST's iv'e used for 6 months.

Bob, I think that windows is not finished doing stuff in the background.
How do I add s delay?

I have to say the whole system is lightning fast, from off to audio in about 30s (iv'e not timed it)

S

Wurst Werner
10-19-2011, 12:21 PM
I have a laptop with RME digiface and set also SAC to auto start. SAC loads faster than windows is loading the RME dirvers! So I added 20 seconds of start delay to SAC and from then it worked like a charme.

Christian

Digitalfirefly
10-19-2011, 03:25 PM
How do you add the delay?

S

905shmick
10-19-2011, 06:06 PM
How do you add the delay?

S

http://www.r2.com.au/page/products/show/startdelay

Digitalfirefly
10-20-2011, 01:09 AM