PDA

View Full Version : Negative Attack for Strip Silence

Cary B. Cornett
02-24-2005, 10:45 AM
I want to be able to strip silence using negative attack time along with custom release and threshold settings. AFAIK, the ONLY time negative attack is available is with the default strip silence setttings. That means that if I want a really short release time or altered threshold, the absolute shortest attack time available is zero. Since negative attack settings are not available in the gate settings on the channel strip, I simply can't get what I am after.

I have looked in the help files and found nothing useful for this, and apparently the negative attack function in Levelizer's gate was removed in Studio, so I appear to be without alternatives.

Have I STILL missed something here, or is it time for another "new feature request"? (although I am loath to ask for new features during Bob's house fire crisis)

thanks

Cary B. Cornett
Cornett Technical Services

Bob L
02-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Yes... set the attack time to some ms setting and it will be used as a negative value for the Strip Silence function...

So, on the Hot Channel... if you set the attack to .005 along with other threshold and release values and then click on the popup menu option for the Strip Silence settings and when you go back to look at the results on the menu, you will notice -.005 ms.

Bob L

bcorkery
02-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Cary,

After reading the other post, I too was looking to use the Levelizer's gate with negative attack. Like you I couldn't find it. You beat me to the punch. I'll be watching this thread.

Thanks,
Bill Corkery

bcorkery
02-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Cary,

After reading the other post, I too was looking to use the Levelizer's gate with negative attack. Like you I couldn't find it. You beat me to the punch. I'll be watching this thread.

Thanks,
Bill Corkery

OOOOhhhhh, that's very different. (Rosanna Rosanna Danna)

Cary B. Cornett
02-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Yes... set the attack time to some ms setting and it will be used as a negative value for the Strip Silence function...

So, on the Hot Channel... if you set the attack to .005 along with other threshold and release values and then click on the popup menu option for the Strip Silence settings and when you go back to look at the results on the menu, you will notice -.005 ms.

Bob L

Yahoo! I will try that right away! How come I did not see this mentioned in the help file?

Thanks!

Cary B. Cornett
Cornett Technical Services

Bob L
02-24-2005, 11:48 AM
That may have been one of the things that slipped by when creating the docs... these things happen. :)

Bob L