PDA

View Full Version : The Little Things We Forget

Luther Gaither
11-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone

Thought I would post a small problem I had with my Sac Rig and, Bob helped me out with last week. Maybe, this will happen to someone else and, you'll know where to go and fix it!!

I brought my rig out and was doing an outdoor gig in a park about two months ago. Everything was working great and then, all a sudden, NO audio for about 3 seconds and then the sound would come back like nothing happened.
No, dropped buffers, everything was fine when the audio came back.

Well, about two weeks ago, the same thing happened in a club I mix at here in Minnesota. Everything was working fine and all of a sudden, again, no audio for about 3 seconds, and then the audio would come back and it would not happen again for the rest of the night.

After talking with Bob about this, the first thing he told me was to check the settings in my RME sound card driver and make sure it was set to MASTER and not Auto Syn.

Well, that solved it!!

Did two back to back gigs this past weekend and the system worked like a charm....

Thanks again Bob for all your help........:)

Bob L
11-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Glad it's working now.

Bob L

Donnie Frank
11-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Funny...but my amps will shut down for about 3 seconds if voltage drops <80***37; on their given circuit. 3 seconds is an eternity when the band is playing. The best part is when people make their way to the FOH console to tell me that the P.A. is shutting down. Ya think?? Yes...I'm the world's worst audio engineer who can't hear when his entire P.A. goes off-line for 3 seconds!

"People; they're the worst." - Jerry Seinfeld

connifboudoin
11-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey Bob I have a question in regards to the topic posted. I have a Raydat that is set to Auto sync and I have the SPDIF as the input. It's the only way I can get all the ADATs and the computer SPDIF to stay sync'ed. If I choose master, All the ADAT's will go to sync and the SPDIF goes back and forth between sync'ed and Lock. It won't stay on one. Any suggestions for getting them to all stay sync'ed. It doesn't appear to stop playing like the OP talked about.
Thanks

905shmick
11-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Hey Bob I have a question in regards to the topic posted. I have a Raydat that is set to Auto sync and I have the SPDIF as the input. It's the only way I can get all the ADATs and the computer SPDIF to stay sync'ed. If I choose master, All the ADAT's will go to sync and the SPDIF goes back and forth between sync'ed and Lock. It won't stay on one. Any suggestions for getting them to all stay sync'ed. It doesn't appear to stop playing like the OP talked about.
Thanks

1 of the raydats should be master, the other should be set to auto-sync. You need to sync the 2 raydat cards either internally via a cable or externally via WC or spdif.

Your digimax FS units should be set to Ext Clock (adat).

The computer spdif output that you're feeding back into the RME card will be re-clocked by the RME card, so you shouldn't need to worry about that.