PDA

View Full Version : OT: Fidelity IEMs

Andy Follett
12-05-2011, 10:33 AM
After much nashing of teeth I finally got my male vocalist to get some good fitted iems vs. the standard ear buds that came with my sennhieser G3 wireless systems. In addition, my guys apparently didn't treat the included ear buds with much consideration and I had three pairs fail.

He is terribly cheap and when I suggested as a last resort an untested and unknown product, fidelity iems for $300, he went for it. I refered him to some experiences on the SAC site that referred to slow turn around and poor communication but eventual delivery of the product and tried to get him to consider ultimate ears, westone, or some other more mainstream company. He resisted and went with fidelity.

It's been four months now and he still doesn't have his ears. Repeated emails and phone calls have gotten no response. I'm afraid he's out the expense of his molds and $300.

Just a heads up for anyone else who might be considering fidelity products. Anyone have any experience with this company, results, or a way to contact them?

tomcat
12-05-2011, 02:30 PM
I've been using Shure E5's for years and stepped up to there newer version this year......they sounded great......until I had a friend send me a pair of the new Aurisonics ASG-1 to demo. I can't believe how good they sound! I'm now in the process of selling my SCL5's with the metal case, caring case and all the earbuds. They are in excellent condition and only used in a church setting. If anyone is interested, just PM me......if you are interested in the Aurisonics, the site for those can be found at http://aurisonics.com/index.html.

ttako
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Tomcat,

Are they better than the Westone 2 and 3 way universal fit IEMs?

Cheers,

Tamas

Donnie Frank
12-05-2011, 09:35 PM
After much nashing of teeth I finally got my male vocalist to get some good fitted iems vs. the standard ear buds that came with my sennhieser G3 wireless systems. In addition, my guys apparently didn't treat the included ear buds with much consideration and I had three pairs fail.

He is terribly cheap and when I suggested as a last resort an untested and unknown product, fidelity iems for $300, he went for it. I refered him to some experiences on the SAC site that referred to slow turn around and poor communication but eventual delivery of the product and tried to get him to consider ultimate ears, westone, or some other more mainstream company. He resisted and went with fidelity.

It's been four months now and he still doesn't have his ears. Repeated emails and phone calls have gotten no response. I'm afraid he's out the expense of his molds and $300.

Just a heads up for anyone else who might be considering fidelity products. Anyone have any experience with this company, results, or a way to contact them?

This really sucks. I'm sorry to hear you are having so many problems with them. My hopes were that things would get better, not worse. I see my hopes were in vain.

I still have and use my Fidelity custom ear buds every weekend. It's a damn shame, but I totally love them. They work extremely well and fit well, too...very high quality.

The only number I have for them is 877-730-8806, which is probably their published number.

Not sure if this will help...but I called them from my land line like 10 times over a 3 day period and couldn't get anyone to answer. So just for kicks I called them from my VoIP phone and bingo...they picked right up. I have a feeling that once Cathy and Jason(?) learn your number, they learn to not answer the phone. Try a different phone. If you have musician friends in Nashville (I think we all do), you can always have them give Fidelity a personal visit. It's really too bad because their product really is first class. Too bad their service is so horrible.

905shmick
12-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Looks to be a common problem with these guys as of late.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/577962/beware-of-in-ear-systems-inc-fidelity-custom-earphones

Donnie Frank
12-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Looks to be a common problem with these guys as of late.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/577962/beware-of-in-ear-systems-inc-fidelity-custom-earphones

After reading the link you provided, this jibes with excuse after excuse I heard from them regarding suppliers, bad employees (who were supposedly fired) and on and on. The entire time I was thinking to myself, "You people are really crappy at picking employees and vendors." However, in retrospect, I can see that the excuses I was receiving was just that...excuses. As I stated before, this is really too bad because the triple I now use every weekend is a really nice piece of equipment.

ralhop
12-06-2011, 01:21 AM
I use Ulimate Ears and the service is great, i had to pay after they were ready and they made a personal fit and hear test. only 2 weeks between making the molds and the finished product in my hands. and i live in germany.

tomcat
12-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Tomcat,

Are they better than the Westone 2 and 3 way universal fit IEMs?

Cheers,

Tamas

I have used the westone 2's a number of years ago, and I personally think these are better. I have never tried the 3's. Again this is my personal opinion. I look forward to getting my own Custom Fit AS-1 IEM (http://aurisonics.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_156&products_id=131). I'll let you guys know how it goes.

gdougherty
12-06-2011, 07:34 AM
The Aurisonics website is thoroughly unimpressive. No info on the custom buds and zip for their supposed triple and quad driver items even in the store that the single driver item links to. If there were info in the store thatd be okay, but there's nothing. Had to search online to even see the asg-1 is a universal fit.

Andy Follett
12-06-2011, 08:16 AM
I use Westones with the three way drivers and have been really happy with them.

After about 10 months I had a connection go bad just inside the mold itself which caused the iem to go dead if I moved my head to the left. I had a big gig coming up in two days. I called them, fedexed the iems to them, and I had them back by 10 am the day of the gig.
Good service like that needs to be mentioned as well as the bad.