PDA

View Full Version : Window Views Sheet

mr_es335
12-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Hello,

I am not sure if anyone has done this...cannot seem to find one on the forums...but I have made an F-Key View Listings Sheet. Maybe you have a better one or you can use these ones.

I can send the original Word docs if anyone wants.

Window Views (Legend)
This sheets is to be used as a legend that notes the labels that are used to designate the various views available in both SAWStudio and Midi WorkShop. This sheet can be laminated if you like.

Window Views (Print Out)
This is a separate sheet that can be printed out to list all of the various F-Key layouts that you might use. These can be placed on 3x5 index cards if you like.

I would appreciate any comments/suggestions that any might have regarding these. I hope that they will be of some practicable benefit.

PS: I wonder if Bob should make a YouTube vid of how fast he can manipulate the screen views - maybe even set a Guinness Book of World Records for the fastest F-Keys use.

UpTilDawn
12-17-2011, 08:27 AM
For keeping track of multiple F-key saved files, this could be handy. :)

I'm still hopeful that Bob will one day add the F-key number to the main Saw (and Sac) top bar of the background window for quick and easy identification of which F-key is in play at any given moment.

This would be especially helpful when

1- writing a new F-key set-up, as well as

2- for quick identification of F-key usage over a large number of F-key file maps and

3- when working in an unfamiliar F-key set-up, say on another user's computer (especially in the SAC environment).

Thanks for the pdf's.

mr_es335
12-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Hello,

You are very welcome...

...and Yes!..showing the current F-Key number would be very handy (especially for those that DO use mutiple F-Key layouts). There is space in the upper-right corner of the SS-MT for displaying this (and maybe even more than one).

Or how about an F-key View option - much like the Control Track, Show Control or Scenes View (from SAC) - this might even be better.

Good idea there, UpTilDawn!