PDA

View Full Version : At the risk of...

JeremyJo
12-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Again sounding stupid...

There is something I'm missing in SAWLite/SAC Link operation;

We are in the middle of our annual Christmas shows. I have SAC running twenty wireless mics from channels 57-72, 30, 31, 47 and 48. Sixteen wireless mics are rented in a single rack, patched into chans 57-72. Two rented mics are patched into chans 47,48 because they were added later and two more mics are house mics that are in their typical inputs. There are three more SAC channels for tracks and a video in the show. 23 channels total.

As I understand it, I can select the channels in SAC that I want to record in SAW lite. Then, opening SAW lite I select Activate SAC Link, then in SAC Link Options select Import Mix Data From SAC Input Chans (Active/Selected)

THEN I should be able to Control+Left Click the first channel and the metered will populate and arm.

I've not been able to accomplish this.

Each time I have to manually assign each SAC channel and arm manually.

I saved a rtm record template file but I still can't just open SAW to a template of the last show and start recording a new show

What am I missing?

Thanks

Jeremy

Brent Evans
12-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Have you tried the "Arm Last Imported Template" command in the SAC-Link menu in SAW?

JeremyJo
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
@Brent

Yup, it brings in channels 30, 31, 47 and 48 from SAC and sets them to tracks 1-4, but no other channels are brought in...

JJ

Butch Bos
12-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Just guessing but SAW lite only has 48 ch so it may not import higher than 48?
Can you use lower ch #s and see if that works

Butch

Maybe try demo of SAW full version and see if import works correctly

JeremyJo
12-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks Butch, I'm guessing that's it, but I guess I expected the limit to just be the 40 or 48 chans, not WHICH chans were used.

We are half way through our productions and we've recorded the first four shows. The video guy said he was happy with the fourth show for video so we will probably use the audio from that night.

I may try it again a different way, but not before our last weekend (show 5 is in one hr :) )

JJ

PS aren't we supposed to be able to record a SAC OUTput in SAW 5.1?

905shmick
12-16-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm pretty sure we're using SAC inputs beyond I-48 and they get imported properly into SAW.

Not sure what's causing the problem with yours.

Is your channel order in sac "57-72, 30, 31, 47 and 48"?

Maybe try reseting to numerical order 31, 47, 48 + 57-72 and see if it imports / arms properly. If so, maybe it's a bug in SAW.

Bob L
12-16-2011, 08:25 PM
You can record any SAC chan in SAWStudioLite up to a total of 40 chans... but... the import option is a 1 to 1 chan number connection and therefore can only import SAC chan numbers up to 48 automatically.

You would want to use the first 48 chans in SAC to make use of the automatic import SACLink function in SAWStudioLite.

You can arm the chans manually in SAWStudioLite and point each chan to any of the 72 SAC chans... but that has to be manually assigned since you are using SAC chans beyond chan 48. Once you create the record assignments... make sure to use the Ctrl-Close option to close all the meters at once creating an internal record template that now retains those assignments... or you can save the record template to be used later. Once the template is internally created you are free to close and reopen the record meter template again by ctrl-clicking the first chan.

Bob L