PDA

View Full Version : Fun Friday Thread

bcorkery
02-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Any of you long time SAWyers ever try to retrieve an ARK file from DAT lately?
I was going through my old DATs recently and noticed a few ARK files. I haven't had the time to futz with it but it brought up the question in my mind.

Would I open it in SAW Plus and import the EDL file into SAW Studio? If I haven't had to access them by now, realistically I never will.

Have a Super SAW weekend!
Bill Corkery

Mountain Media
02-25-2005, 12:14 PM
I was going through my old DATs recently and noticed a few ARK files. I haven't had the time to futz with it but it brought up the question in my mind.

Would I'm open it in SAW Plus and import the EDL file into SAW Studio? If I haven't had to access them by now, realistically I never will.

Bill CorkeryWell, I'm pretty sure SAWStudio wouldn't load ARK files.:) So, yeah I guess you would have to use Plus to reload, and then import (SS will import Plus32 and Pro, so I assume Plus also?) into SS.

WOW, I had forgotten about those DATs. I got LOTS of project boxes in archives that have data CDs, SAW Archive DATs and the 10-20 S-VHS ADAT tapes that were a project back then!! Sure hope I don't EVER have to reload one of those -- (scarey!!).:eek:

Bob L
02-25-2005, 01:39 PM
That was scary stuff... but very innovative back then... long before tape backups and large harddrives.

You would need to get the session back into Plus where it came from, then over to Plus32 or Pro... then you could import that into Studio.

Bob L

Mountain Media
02-25-2005, 02:59 PM
You would need to get the session back into Plus where it came from, then over to Plus32 or Pro... then you could import that into Studio.

Bob LThanks for this info, Bob. I wasn't sure about SS importing Plus. Now, at least I know what I gotta keep around for those 'just in case-es'!

bcorkery
02-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the info. It's been fun all the way! Plus, Pro and now Studio!

It just keeps getting better!

Bill

John Hernandez
02-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure SAWStudio wouldn't load ARK files.:)
I thought Noah loaded the ARK...

Uh...sorry. Shoulda resisted. :p

Blessings,

Tim Miskimon
02-25-2005, 10:20 PM

Would I open it in SAW Plus and import the EDL file into SAW Studio? If I haven't had to access them by now, realistically I never will.

Bill Corkery

Gee Bill,
It's been 10 years since I last loaded an ark file from dat. That was a big pain in the butt but it worked.
The bigger problem is "will those stupid dat tapes play anymore". I hated those damn things - you could store them away one week & the next week you'd load them in the machine & they wouldn't play....
:mad:
Gee the last time I used an ark file was on Saw 6.4 around 1976..... :)
Tim