PDA

View Full Version : Settings 3M Multitouch

SimAudio
12-21-2011, 10:07 PM
I have 3M multitouch and would like to configure windows7 and SAC to work with 3M multitouch like the video demonstration made ***8203;***8203;by Bob, what is needed?
Thanks...

905shmick
12-21-2011, 10:14 PM
I have 3M multitouch and would like to configure windows7 and SAC to work with 3M multitouch like the video demonstration made ***8203;***8203;by Bob, what is needed?
Thanks...

It's in the manual under Touch Device Setup.

SimAudio
01-04-2012, 10:47 AM
In this case, no work horizontal scrolling and virtual keyboard...

Bob L
01-04-2012, 10:55 AM
If you can give me a call, perhaps we can step thru a few things and chase down the problem.

Are you in the USA?

Bob L

SimAudio
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi Bob,
I'm from Brazil and i don't speak english very well, I could not understand you speaking by phone.
I always need the help of google translator.
Recently i got a 3M multitouch display and a Midi controller BCF 2000
In this moment, i have 2 problems:
1. How settings 3M Multitouch display
2. How settings BCF 2000
Both don't work very well.

If possible, you could make a tweaks to BCF2000 and 3M multitouch display?
Or describe the steps to configure them

Thank you very much for your help Bob !!

Bob L
01-04-2012, 04:10 PM
There are some good step by step setups in other threads for the BCF2000. Do a thread search. Also... look in the manual or helpfile in the Midi Controller section.

The 3M... if it is truely the 3M model or format described in my demonstration video... should be setup as described in the Menu Reference section of the helpfile under the Touch Options.

Touch Device Setup

Added support for the 3M MicroTouch 10 finger touch screen. Now you can grab multiple faders at once onscreen with your fingers. I recommend you set the Touchscreen mode in the Mixer Menu to avoid faders snapping to your finger position.

You must install the MT7 drivers and select Legacy Mode when asked. I also recommend you then use the driver calibration tool to calibrate the touch screen and also set the double-click area to about 50***37; of the slider bar.

Some useful gestures built into the SAC MT7 driver support to learn and practice are:

[Right-Click]***8230; done by tapping two fingers held very close together in a short single tap movement. The finger to the left is the actual right-click screen point, so you can use this as the actual tap position as if you right-clicked with a mouse pointer at that specific screen position. There is only a single tap, but both fingers must hit the screen at the same time.

[Right-Hold]***8230; done by creating the right-click two finger gesture, but keeping the fingers in contact with the screen***8230; the left finger is the important touch position. This can then be used for vertical scrolling the Zoom Mixer window, by sliding the finger up or down in the same manner as when using the mouse. Only the left finger needs be held on the screen once the two finger right-click gesture is recognized.

[Left-Flick]***8230; done by a single finger touch and a quick flick motion to the left with the finger dragging on the screen. This can be used in the mixer views to page flip the current mixer to lower chan numbers. For instance***8230; if 8 Z-Mixer chans are visible and the start chan is currently chan 9, this gesture would flip the view to start on chan 1.

[Right-Flick]***8230; done by a single finger touch and a quick flick motion to the right with the finger dragging on the screen. This can be used in the mixer views to page flip the current mixer to higher chan numbers. For instance***8230; if 8 Z-Mixer chans are visible and the start chan is currently chan 1, this gesture would flip the view to start on chan 9.

3M MicroTouch Resolution
Sets the screen resolution of your 3M MicroTouch display.

3M MicroTouch X-Offset
Sets the X-Offset of the display if it is used as a second monitor.

3M MicroTouch Y-Offset
Sets the Y-Offset of the display if it is used as a second monitor.

These settings can be saved with the preferences.

Of course... you should set your computer resolution to match the 3M resolution. If you use the 3M as the second monitor positioned on your right... make sure to set the X Offset to the x value of your primary screen resoultion... and if the 3M is set as a bottom monitor in a vertical setup, set the Y Offset to the y value of your primary screen resolution.

I like to keep the 3M hooked to a remote and therefore keep the host clean of extra drivers and loads and still setup for a large screen resolution.

Bob L

SimAudio
01-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Thank you Very Much Bob for your help.
I followed all the steps and now all the touch functions are working,
except the virtual keyboard. does not appear when touch function in the touch panel.
A window shows the following message: Could not start the Virtual Keyboard.
What can be causing this?

Thanks again...

905shmick
01-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Thank you Very Much Bob for your help.
I followed all the steps and now all the touch functions are working,
except the virtual keyboard. does not appear when touch function in the touch panel.
A window shows the following message: Could not start the Virtual Keyboard.
What can be causing this?

Thanks again...

Click start > run > type osk

Does the windows on screen keyboard come up?

SimAudio
01-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi 905shmick,
All working now.
Thank you very Much!