PDA

View Full Version : Keep key when timestretching (pitching)?

DJ Synchro
12-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi everyone,

I use SAWStudio mainly for making DJ Mixes on a semi-professional level. I was wondering if there is a way to keep the key of the tracks when pitched (timestretched if youwill).
I use a program called MixedInKey to analyze the key information of the tracks. I mix using this key information. So timestreting in SAW means that the key also changes, and that is not what I would like.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks! :)

cgrafx
12-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi everyone,

I use SAWStudio mainly for making DJ Mixes on a semi-professional level. I was wondering if there is a way to keep the key of the tracks when pitched (timestretched if youwill).
I use a program called MixedInKey to analyze the key information of the tracks. I mix using this key information. So timestreting in SAW means that the key also changes, and that is not what I would like.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks! :)

There are many VST plug-ins that will do this, but for a native option.. look at Sonoris Pitch/Time.

Sean McCoy
12-22-2011, 10:35 AM
There are many VST plug-ins that will do this, but for a native option.. look at Sonoris Pitch/Time.
+1 for Sonoris. The plugin won't give you visual feedback so I don't generally use it for altering length, but when its pitch option is combined with SAW's native shfiting, it's a very solid combination. Just used that combo yesterday.

DJ Synchro
12-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks guys for the tip. I'll try the Sonoris plugin. It is free to try for a few days, so I can try if this works for me! :D

MikeDee
12-22-2011, 01:13 PM
I use the (SAWStudio Native) Sonoris PitchTime plugin as well. However, I have achieved superior results with Acon Digital Media's Studio Pitch and Studio Time plugins. (Both DX and VST versions are included.) Studio Time works quite well in the >200% range (< 60 bpm).

As usual, YMMV....

RBIngraham
12-22-2011, 09:54 PM
This is not really SAW related, however it's a pretty darn cool tool!

http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

MMP
12-23-2011, 06:03 PM
+1 for Sonoris. The plugin won't give you visual feedback so I don't generally use it for altering length, but when its pitch option is combined with SAW's native shfiting, it's a very solid combination. Just used that combo yesterday.

If you want to have visual feedback, change the length using SAW's built-in varispeed, and then use Sonoris set to the inverse of the regions pitchshift.

Regards,

MM

Sean McCoy
12-23-2011, 06:05 PM
If you want to have visual feedback, change the length using SAW's built-in varispeed, and then use Sonoris set to the inverse of the regions pitchshift.

Regards,

MM
That's what I meant by 'combined with SAW's native shifting.' Just not very well articulated. :o

MMP
12-23-2011, 06:33 PM
I work as an interpreter in my spare time.;)

Bud Johnson
12-24-2011, 08:42 AM
This is not really SAW related, however it's a pretty darn cool tool!

http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/
It is VERY Cool! Thanks!