PDA

View Full Version : DIGI9652 Syncing

DavidDempseyFOH
12-25-2011, 10:07 AM
If I use another card I Just got instead of the daughter card will that matter? and just link with the internal cable that originally connects to the daughter card?

905shmick
12-25-2011, 11:12 AM
If I use another card I Just got instead of the daughter card will that matter? and just link with the internal cable that originally connects to the daughter card?

No. The ribbon cable that links the main card (ADAT 1-8 and 9-16) to the daughter board (ADAT 17-24) is only for that purpose.

If you have multiple cards, you need to either sync them from the internal s/pdif in/out connections on the cards, or externally via BNC cable or external s/pdif.

DavidDempseyFOH
12-25-2011, 11:28 AM
K. I think the issue is the ADA not my Daughter Card. I had a brand new ada going from SYNC to NO LOCK back and forth every second or so.

airickess
12-25-2011, 02:12 PM
K. I think the issue is the ADA not my Daughter Card. I had a brand new ada going from SYNC to NO LOCK back and forth every second or so.
Change the master clock on the RME software to see if that changes the ADA behavior.
See if the ADA is set for the same sample rate as the RME card.
If both of those options are already tried by you then see if you can sync it via Word Clock instead.

Trackzilla
12-25-2011, 03:58 PM
I had one ADA that wouldn't sync by ADAT in, but worked fine with internal or BNC wordclock, I just feed it a BNC cable & the rest run fine with the ADAT sync... weird, but there it was anyway