PDA

View Full Version : Studio Levelizer in SAC

Andy Follett
01-16-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm trying to get the studio levelizer to work as a limiter on a track coming in from SAW. I've tried it both on the SAC channel pre and post fader and it just doesn't seem to be doing anything. The meter (red bars) move within the levelizer but there is no apparent change in the meters on the SAC channel (it still is too hot for what I want).

I can put the levelizer in SAW on the channel concerned, set Options>SAC Link Options>Input Channel Play Tap at PST-Fader and get the results I want but I'd rather do it within SAC.

What am I missing or not understanding?

davidss1
01-16-2012, 05:23 PM
hi andy,,can u "hear" a difference?,,,maybe ur meter tap point is at source?

Russell Landwehr
01-16-2012, 05:51 PM
hi andy,,can u "hear" a difference?,,,maybe ur meter tap point is at source?

in order to see the difference you gotta set your input meters to pre or post fader depending on where you have your levelizer

Menu is:

Mixer > Meter Tap Point

I've got all mine set up for Post-fader.

Russell

Andy Follett
01-16-2012, 05:56 PM
You guys supplied the missing link for me. Thanks.

It's a back up vocal channel, we pre-record some vocal tracks on some material and double it at gigs. Makes three voices sound like six.

The levels vary on who did the track(s) so they're not totally consistant. It only needs about 3 db on the levelizer and then even the "loudest" track is just fine.

It's distracting in the in ears when a back up vocal comes in way stronger from song to song.

Thanks for the help.