PDA

View Full Version : SplashTop remote??

glass50
01-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Anyone have experience using SplashTop remote with SAC? Looks like it could make iPad into SAC remote. http://www.splashtop.com/remote

905shmick
01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
There's lot of free remote desktop software for the ipad. What the ipad needs is a proper interface (multi-touch, swipe pages, etc) for SAC.

soundchicken
01-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I use splashtop to remote to my server but only to adjust plug-ins. The interface is too laggy for good sac operation IMHO.

hkmorgan87
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM
I use ac-7 core with my ipad to control sac. it utilized mackie control protocol to act as a midi interface. If i remember right ac-7 was $7.99 or maybe $4.99. Either way, its really cheap. You will also need a free program called rtpmidi. It allows the ipad to send midi via wifi to your host or remote.

JeremyJo
01-17-2012, 08:22 PM
I tried SplashTop on my iPad with a Pentium D host computer and SAC. With the display on the host set at 1024x768 SplashTop had sufficient response time and worked pretty well for remote control. BUT, the CPU spun up to like 90% on both cores from around 80 on one core with SAC alone. The CPU usage was too high for my comfort.

I also have AC-7 and it seems to work well enough. I noticed that I did not have meter action on the iPad with my main host for our sanctuary system. But I DID get meters on the IPad with my Pentium D box. I also get meters on my home computer (an iMac with windows 7). So two computers gave me meters in AC-7, one with windows xp and the other with windows 7 (no tweaks). Two with no meters; both windows 7 (all tweaks applied).

I wish the AC-7 developer would respond to some inquiries even if he refused to consider any changes a response would be nice. I think AC-7 could be a reasonable option with some tweaks for live use and SAC.

JJ

hkmorgan87
01-17-2012, 09:27 PM
I have had the same issue, but only when getting spotty wifi. I prefer to use eyocontrol. It only offers faders, mute/solo, and labels. No Fkey or eq control. I'll use ac7 when I want to walk around the stage fornsoundcheck to adjust wedges. Other wise I prefer eyocontrol.

glass50
01-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Am trying to connect iPad to SAC 2.9 using AC7 core on iPad. iPad can see SAC wifi. am using AC7 generic and Mackie Midi template in SAC. Can't find AC7 settings panel reference on app site.

Any sugestions on making it work?

sjpaul
01-23-2012, 01:54 AM
The latest version of Splashtop is a bit of a CPU hog. I have it on my iPad to be able to access a PC that I have running headless, but I literally use it then stop the app on the iPad immediately after I'm finished doing what I need to do.... (generally just launching whatever program on the PC I need to use)

Too laggy for SAC use also, as with most RDP / VNC type programs....
Shame really because it's a nice app for the iPad.

hkmorgan87
01-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Hey glass, you will also need a program called rtpMidi. It's available free on the web.

hkmorgan87
01-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Jeremy, make sure you have your midi out setup properly in sac