PDA

View Full Version : Signal Switch help

Russell Landwehr
01-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I want to use Signal Switch to punch in a couple things with my feet during performance. (I run it all from stage)

My plan is wire the pedals to a "USB to Gameport Adapter"... attached to the Remote.

Will this work on a Remote SAC computer?

Is 2 switches the limit in SAC?

And... am I correct to understand that Signal Switch's function is to pass/break the signal path it's patched into?

Russell

AntonZ
01-24-2012, 04:30 PM
The current version supports the SAC Remote protocol, so it can indeed be used from a remote.

Besides mouse clicks, it can be set to operate on either button A or button B on a standard joystick/gameport interface. That's two buttons, so there's a maximum of two instances of the signal switch that can be operated independently through hardware switches connected to the gameport.

The signal switch's normal mode of operation is to block the signal. Unless you left-click the button (or push the gameport button). Only then will it pass a signal until you release the button. Shift-left-click on the button will have it stick in the ON position. Think of it as a door bell: it only rings as long as you push the button. Shift-left-clicking your neighbours' door bell will not make friends ;)

Russell Landwehr
01-24-2012, 10:25 PM
The current version supports the SAC Remote protocol, so it can indeed be used from a remote.

Besides mouse clicks, it can be set to operate on either button A or button B on a standard joystick/gameport interface. That's two buttons, so there's a maximum of two instances of the signal switch that can be operated independently through hardware switches connected to the gameport.

The signal switch's normal mode of operation is to block the signal. Unless you left-click the button (or push the gameport button). Only then will it pass a signal until you release the button. Shift-left-click on the button will have it stick in the ON position. Think of it as a door bell: it only rings as long as you push the button. Shift-left-clicking your neighbours' door bell will not make friends ;)

Sweet. Then it will work for my purpose.

Thanks for the info.

Russell