PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with SAC link and device mapping

bigteks
01-25-2012, 10:24 PM
We have a simple setup running on 3 ADA8000s with SAC & SAW Studio linked. In both SAC & SAW Studio I set up the devices in what I believe to be the same numerical order.

But when I link SAW to SAC and import channels from SAC, they're not lined up like I thought I was doing. The channels wind up mapped for example with channel 18 on SAC mapped to track 1 on SAW Studio, 17 to 2, 16 to 3 etc. Then from track 19 on they are lined up track-to-channel with the same numbers from there on which seems odd. When I look at the record meters for the tracks that don't seem to be aligned right the Track number above is different from the Channel number below. What could cause this?

All the labels are there in the multitrack and mixer windows on what seem to be the right channels in SAW, but when I record it turns out it's not really the right channel. So I wind up recording an open mic sitting on the stage instead of the keyboard channel that I selected (or thought I was selecting).

Bob L
01-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Sounds like you are not arming the tracks in SAW with the proper imported Record Template... you must use the template created by the Import command... the easiest and most surefire way is to use the SACLink menu item right after importing called "Arm Last Imported Record Template".

That will line up each track and record meter input with the proper device setting from the SAC import.

Bob L

bigteks
01-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Sweet - thanks Bob - that was the problem.