PDA

View Full Version : Life is Good

Carlos Mills
01-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Just running a test with a new SAW-DAW. SAC - SAWStudio link, recording 64 tracks @ 24 / 48 kHz and buffers at 32/1. Recording for more than 30 minutes now with 0 (zero) slipped input & output buffers. :) System details in signature. Cheers!

bcorkery
01-28-2012, 08:08 PM
1x32, Whooo Hooo! Life IS good.
Thanks Carlos.

Carlos Mills
01-29-2012, 06:22 AM
Yep! As far as I know very few digital hardware consoles reach this track count (64) with a 'lower than 1 ms latency'! :)

1x32, Whooo Hooo! Life IS good.
Thanks Carlos.

averombri
01-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Cool!Beleza!

Perry
02-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks for your post Carlos! Looks like a smoking rig you've got going there.

I'm starting to look into building a new DAW rig for myself soon (and possibly for a friend who is wanting to upgrade his older rig too) and so I'm wanting to see what people are using in terms of newer setups. My Core 2 Duo has served me very, very well but I'm starting to want for something newer.

Thanks again! Life IS Good! :)

Carlos Mills
02-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Hey Commodore, my pleasure! :) All the tests I've made with this rig are absolutely cool. I am mixing my first 24/96 album and, with a 'regular' mix (20-24 channels), plug ins, rvs, etc, It never showed more than 60***37; CPU loads. I am very happy with the results. Cheers!

p.s. to mix, I created a prf file with slight higher buffer settings, since there is no need to have 32/1 if you are not in a live situation with SAC...

Thanks for your post Carlos! Looks like a smoking rig you've got going there.

I'm starting to look into building a new DAW rig for myself soon (and possibly for a friend who is wanting to upgrade his older rig too) and so I'm wanting to see what people are using in terms of newer setups. My Core 2 Duo has served me very, very well but I'm starting to want for something newer.

Thanks again! Life IS Good! :)

Perry
02-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the update Carlos! :) I'm so out of date in terms of computer hardware; I just haven't tried to keep up as I just kept rocking the Core 2 Duo. It's good to hear about newer mobos and chipsets to know what's working well for a DAW.

Cool on the high rez work! :)

All the best Carlos!

Carlos Mills
02-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi Perry, it happens to me all the time...

Thanks for the update Carlos! :) I'm so out of date in terms of computer hardware; I just haven't tried to keep up as I just kept rocking the Core 2 Duo. It's good to hear about newer mobos and chipsets to know what's working well for a DAW.
Cool on the high rez work! :)
All the best Carlos!

We keep busy mixing and recording (and running) and when we lift our heads, everything has changed in terms of hardware... :rolleyes: