PDA

View Full Version : OT - Singing audition

bcorkery
01-30-2012, 10:42 AM
My daughter had a chance to do an audition this weekend for Cartoon Network. One of the requirements was to sing a Broadway song. Here's (http://www.bcproductions.com/files/Emily/I%27m%20Not%20That%20Girl_Emily%20Corkery.mp3) her submission. I think she did a pretty good job.

DavidandMary
01-30-2012, 01:18 PM
She can go low can't she? Nice job; she sounds great...

bcorkery
01-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks, yeah she has a pretty good range.

connifboudoin
01-31-2012, 06:35 AM
Nice Job. How old is your daughter?

My wife and I are directors for an organization called Louisiana Kids Inc.

Louisiana Kids Inc. is a non-profit 501-C3 volunteer organization.

Louisiana Kids Inc. was formed to focus on the God given Talents of our children, while using the Performing Arts as our Vehicle to develop self esteem and character in children three years of age to senior in high school.

We have been volunteers with the organization for nearly 9 years now. We have seen a lot of talent over the years. I never thought that so many young kids could sing as well as they do. We have had a great time watching as these kids develop into young entertainers and young adults. Not all have admirations of becoming stars or entertainers, but they all seem to have a great time and create some great memories.

I hope your daughter gets the part and reaches her goals in life and song.
Thanks

bcorkery
01-31-2012, 09:52 AM
She turned 21 in September. She's always loved to sing but is her own worst critic. A local voice teacher heard her sing in "Cinderella", at the Joan Kroc center here in San Diego. This teacher helped Ricki Lake prepare for Hairspray and wanted Emily to train with her, which she did for a couple years before heading to college. Yeah, I hope she continues to sing and enjoy it.

Good for you, giving kids a way to express themselves and build confidence and self esteem. Keep up the good work.

Thanks - Bill

Dave Labrecque
01-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Nice, Bill. Quite a talented young lady.

Sean McCoy
01-31-2012, 06:42 PM
She definitely has that contemporary sound. Does she write?

bcorkery
02-01-2012, 10:10 AM
@Dave - Thanks, she does it more for entertaining herself and relaxing then anything else.

@Sean - She's written a couple silly things, more when she was in a band in high school. The band never actually gigged.

Dave Labrecque
02-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I hope she gets the gig. And that she's able to use a certain local ISDN studio for the session(s), for which the studio owner will surely be able to charge "L.A. rates". ;)

bcorkery
02-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah, sure beats hassling with the traffic up there and back! Not to mention the SoCal fuel prices .... oh, did I mention that? :mad: