PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what this problem is or how to fix it..

andysharifi
02-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Hey Guys. I haven't been here in 2 year! Anyway, I'm back.

Despite not touching any of my equipment or software, I kept most of it incase the "bug" hit again, and this time it has come back stronger.

So I have windows 7 and my lovely lynxtwo B... but here is the problem. Sometimes my audio programs crash, whether in standalone or inside sawstudio when used as a VST plugin. Not a biggie, but what grrr's me to death is that when I try opening up Sawstudio again, my lynxtwo card is not available. I have to leave and come back later, then it will be available to use again. Obviously windows sucks. Is there something I can do manually to make my soundcard available again instead of waiting? I even had this problem in XP long time ago.

Ian Alexander
02-13-2012, 05:57 AM
Welcome back! Sorry you're having trouble with your DAW. Fwiw, I am using a Lynx L22 on Win 7 Home Premium. Had some issues at first and called Lynx. Very helpful! Learned I had chosen a motherboard with known pci problems. Switched that and have been cooking ever since. Try calling or emailing Lynx directly.

andysharifi
02-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Great, I just built this damn computer 1.5 weeks ago with all new parts. It was pain doing everything from scratch. I would hate to have to take out the MB again.

Thanks

905shmick
02-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I'd get in touch with Lynx support. They probably have a diagnostic tool that can be run to see if everything is working smoothly between the computer and the audio card.

Naturally Digital
02-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Are you using the ASIO driver? System sounds turned off? Built-in soundcard disabled in the bios?

Carl G.
02-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Hey Guys. I haven't been here in 2 year! Anyway, I'm back.

Despite not touching any of my equipment or software, I kept most of it incase the "bug" hit again, and this time it has come back stronger.

So I have windows 7 and my lovely lynxtwo B... but here is the problem. Sometimes my audio programs crash, whether in standalone or inside sawstudio when used as a VST plugin. Not a biggie, but what grrr's me to death is that when I try opening up Sawstudio again, my lynxtwo card is not available. I have to leave and come back later, then it will be available to use again. Obviously windows sucks. Is there something I can do manually to make my soundcard available again instead of waiting? I even had this problem in XP long time ago.

Andy,
When the Lynx driver crashes (for whatever reason) you simply need to COLD boot (Turn OFF the computer for a few seconds). When it starts back up you will see all your choices again available in SawStudio.

You may have a hardware conflict going on which will simply require you to to re-arrange, or adjust a few things (if software conflict), that's all.

If you need more help - call Lynx. They are very responsive and thoroughly helpful.

andysharifi
02-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Thank you all. I will call Lynx tomorrow. It's at times like this when I wish sawstudio had its own proprietary OS, soundcard, and midi interface.