PDA

View Full Version : Switching mixer via control surface...

sstillwell
02-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Bob,

Is there any way that we can look forward to some method of switching between FOH and monitor mixes via the control surface? I realize there may be some oddities in trying to find a WAY to switch that makes sense, but via MCU or other device there's always the jog/shuttle wheel, or possibly hitting alt/ctrl/shift plus a channel select to give you access to the first few mixers, etc.

I'm going to go help some friends out mixing their band in a small club, and I'll probably have to leave the SAC rig on stage and control remotely from a table out in the audience. Bringing a laptop is somewhat cumbersome, but running AC-7 Core from my iPad is darn near invisible.

Obviously, this isn't happening by next Friday, but the event triggered my thinking about it.

Let me know what you think...

Scott

Craig Allen
02-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Won't the Mackie controller allow you to do F-keys which in turn could be assigned to different monitors? Can you access that from the iPad app?

sstillwell
02-25-2012, 08:33 PM
F-Key views can switch between mixers??? Doh.

That would do the trick, and yes, I'm pretty sure that you can issue the equivalent of F-Keys from the control surface (app).

Scott

EDIT: Wow, sure enough, you can. Okay, that fixes that. Yippee! :)