PDA

View Full Version : gentile matter of the engine

Yura
06-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Guys, hi there!
I glad to see you as well you glad you to see me from another
hemisphere!
Yesterdy here was gerr Richi Blackmor in Kiev for one 2-hours show.
but I had no mood to come. the year ago Robert Plant was here, and
I came to see. that realy was a something.
well, I propose you to look in the next and to deliberate amicably
is this a bug or not a bug.
please make setup: assign first track to input source dev 01.
Put on the track # 2 some region, and place cursor at the end of it.
Try to start playback and you see the SAW reacts so as there is NO
setup with the LIVE assignment!
Then, move this entry from track #2 to track #1
(where live assngmnt is). Try to start playback and it starts!

I face this when had setup like this, then reached to the end
of my session and planed to continue it, I had to play
guitar, "connected" to channel #1 (being processed through plugin
on this track through all of session. when with cursor at the end
of session I pushed "play" to hear the guit and simultaneously -
to see how many time new riffs will take additionaly to the session,
I was surprised. SAW wants the record pannel to be active for this!

NO! IT'S NOT A BUG!
IT'S NOT!

AudioAstronomer
06-18-2004, 11:45 AM
It is not. If you want to hear your guitar with no record enabled, goto the E mixer view I beleive it is.... and hit L. Make sure one channel has the input assigned in the channel strip.

That's it :) Not a bug... There's lots of other intricacies to this and I find even though when you first encounter each one, it seems like a problem till you explore more and find the design is nearly flawless.

Yura
06-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi robert!
BTW, can you explain me what the heck thing is the Rewire.
What it gives? show me the simply setup to using it!

thanx

AudioAstronomer
06-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Rewire is not working with sawstudio yet!

When it does Ill be very vocal about it :) I dont think it will really be long if the userbase speaks up about it much hehe.

for now there is a VST I beleive that allows you to do some amazing things. EnergyXT, I think it has rewire input, or I could be wrong. It's almost an entire hos tinside of a VST.

you can find it by searching on kvr-vst.com

Yura
06-18-2004, 12:54 PM
:confused:Nothig I understood :) !

canipus
06-18-2004, 02:48 PM
"Rewire is not working with sawstudio yet!
When it does Ill be very vocal about it ....."

Ummm I don't think there is a definite committment to introduce Rewire into the SAW engine is there? The only thing I've read is that Bob has written that he's evaluating it - which is not the same thing as making a committment that he's going to introduce it. I think Bob wrote somewhere that he's not sure yet the engine can be "re-wired" without compromises.

AudioAstronomer
06-18-2004, 02:58 PM
there is no "re-wire" of the engine internally. I had already suggested how this could be done as an add-on with no ill effects. (other than re-wires own little deals).

No promise of course, but it will happen if not by Bob's hand, by mine or another persons.

Bob L
06-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Yura,

Not a bug... when your cursor is at the end of the last thing on the MT to play and you try to start playback, there simply is nothing to play.

You can go to the end and start recording and it will continue on without a problem because you are now adding new material.

If you place your cursor in the middle of the region and hit play, playback will proceed, because there is something to play.

If you want to hear Live Input without playback, then simply use Live Input mode by activating any Mixer View and pressing the L key to toggle Live Mode on and off.... or if the record panel is up, press RecRdy which activates the engine without playback.

To answer your Rewire question... Rewire is an interface designed to connect programs together by giving them the ability to send audio data direct between them... unfortunately, from a programming point of view it entails writing and interfacing to yet another programming protocol like Direct X and VST and ASIO and the rest... in my opinion, everyone of these additions tends to bring down the performance of the engine unless very carefully designed... so that is why I am taking my time about doing it.

Robert's idea of making a Rewire Plugin is the best, as far as I'm concerned, but still has not been committed to, at least not be me... I plan to take a closer look at it over the weekend... we'll see.

Bob L

Yura
06-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Very thank you, Bob for explnng Rewire!
becouse I saw this option in the menu in other programs but never
checed it. so many polemics here about it...

But WHAT is the difference with "virtual Audio cable????
May be some principal difference?

weld
06-18-2004, 06:08 PM
Very thank you, Bob for explnng Rewire!
becouse I saw this option in the menu in other programs but never
checed it. so many polemics here about it...

But WHAT is the difference with "virtual Audio cable????
May be some principal difference?

Hi there !

With Rewire you can sincronize two applications like Cubase -nuendo with Reason , for example.
When click play button on cubase starts Reason in perfect sincronizin'.

With virtual cable you cannot do that, only pass information to record.

I think is possible I'm wrong.

Cheers from Spain

Yura
06-18-2004, 06:39 PM
so, why we coud not replace Rewire with MIDI syncronization plus VAC?