mikebuzz
03-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Check this out NICE !!!!

http://www.luglock.com/temporef.htm

Later
Buzz

Naturally Digital
03-02-2005, 09:20 PM
They're asking a fair whack of cash for that thing. Let me know if you get one. I'd like to know what the quality is like.

Thanks.

mikebuzz
03-03-2005, 01:27 PM
David I just ordered the Mini version ( $39 ) I'll let you know how it works out

Later
Buzz

Carey Langille
03-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Heheh Looks like they ripped off Behringer..I bought this same device form behringer 5 yrs ago for 24.95... Works great in the studio to capture tempos...

Here you can get it for even less!
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--BEHBC100

AudioAstronomer
03-03-2005, 01:54 PM
The behringer doesnt do the same thing...

and I dont think there's ever been a case where it wasnt behringer who is doing the ripping off lol! That being said, I proudly use quite a few behringer products in non-critical places.

Carey Langille
03-03-2005, 02:20 PM
And im proud to use Behringer in MANY Critical Places...:p

The behringer doesnt do the same thing...

and I dont think there's ever been a case where it wasnt behringer who is doing the ripping off lol! That being said, I proudly use quite a few behringer products in non-critical places.

AudioAstronomer
03-03-2005, 02:23 PM
lol :)

For some reason Id fear the laughter miles away if I had a set of behringer monitors... the ada8000, di boxes, even the bass-vamp I like.. but eh. I wont push it toooo far.

ghowardjr
03-03-2005, 11:02 PM
They're asking a fair whack of cash for that thing. Let me know if you get one. I'd like to know what the quality is like.

Thanks.

I've owned every version of this, going back to the original "Beat Bug." I love it for playing live, it gives me a confidence check that I'm not speeding up or slowing down.

AFA studio work, I could see it being used for someone who wants to play without a click track, but doesn't want to vary the tempo. The tempo ref works intially as a metronome, then changes into a "speedometer" of sorts once the first beat is triggered.

It works as advertised, but u do have to adjust the sensitivity quite often if you have dramatically different playing volumes to avoid false triggering and/or no triggering. The sensor unit is quite fragile, but the newer version doesn't require using an external trigger. Overall, it's a nice niche product, but a little over-priced for the quality of the components. Barring any other real choice, it may be the ticket for you.

Hope this helps,
Gary

Naturally Digital
03-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks Gary. Great review!

Dave.