PDA

View Full Version : SSRN: stepped fade ups at start?

Dave Labrecque
03-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Anyone else hearing this? Sounds like a discrete-stepped fade-up occasionally. (click-click-click-click-click) Time to put the Lentini ramp in action?

Ian Alexander
03-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey Dave,

Listening a couple hours a day. Haven't heard this yet. I assume it's on different tunes each time you hear it.

Bob L
03-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Dave,

The radio software is what it is... I just don't have the time to write my own.

I just have to accept it and be happy that it is at least maintaining the station pretty much all by itself while I recover from the fire. :)

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
03-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Hi Bob,

Sorry. Didn't mean to suggest you should drop everything and write some code for that. :) Just curious if I was hearing things. All the best to you and the fam as you continue the recovery process...

Jay Q
03-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Anyone else hearing this? Sounds like a discrete-stepped fade-up occasionally. (click-click-click-click-click) Time to put the Lentini ramp in action?No problems here, Dave. What time of day were you listening? Does it ever happen more than once per song?

Coincidentally, I was gonna post a comment about SSRN. I listened today for the first time in weeks (been swamped) and noticed a greater variety in the play list. It went something like this:
* Change The World, Steven Lee
* A RAWKin' song with "shovel" in the title
* A mellow jazz standard whose title escapes me at the moment
* A "bluegrassy" tune
* One of Danielle Herbert's tunes
* and so on...

Nice variety! It was nice that no two tunes in a row were the same style. I hope the playlist continues to diversify.

If the submissions get to a large enough number, I still think it'd be nice to be able to select a certain genre, but I realize, Bob, that this is quite low on the priority list.

Jay

Bob L
03-03-2005, 07:38 PM
By the way Dave... what player are you listening with.

I have heard all kinds of Quantization stuff going on with WinAmp when using the DirectSound output plug... go to their options and set the output to the Wave plug... completely better quality output... and that has gone for everything on my systems... anytime I can bypass anything DirectSound... I do so... its just plain horrible.

Bob L

Dave Labrecque
03-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Bob,

You called it! I was using Winamp with DirectSound. Lemme listen a little and see if the problem goes away using the Wave out device. I bet it does. Thanks!

Bob L
03-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Should be a huge difference... definitely was on my machine.

Bob L

Naturally Digital
03-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Should be a huge difference... definitely was on my machine.

Bob LI changed my settings over last nite and immediately noticed a sound quality improvement (using onboard sound device, headphones).

Thanks Bob!