PDA

View Full Version : Praise for SAC

Russell Landwehr
04-01-2012, 08:22 AM
I joined the ranks of SAC FOHEs last night. (I normally run SAC from stage as a band-member)

My friend's church put on a concert for their youth. The headlining band was Willet http://www.willetonline.com/

This was the first time I've ever run SAC as a FOHE. There was a local opening band, a solo artist, then Willet. I set up the PA and rang out the monitors the night before. It was about 16 inputs with 6 monitor mixes and my solo bus. FOH position was totally wireless including talkback and solo monitor.

Sound checks went smoothly. It was nice to be on-stage with the netbook tweaking it the way everyone wanted it. Once Willet found out they each had their own mix complete with channel EQ it was game-on. Then they were thrilled to find out I could "save their settings" and recall them instantly.

They'd had some difficulties earlier in their tour with sound-checks but last night's sound-check went so smoothly they were amazed at all the extra time they had to twiddle their thumbs in the green-room.

Before they went up on stage for their set, they told me to watch them close during the first song in case they had to signal me some monitor tweaks... there were none! hehe.

They told the youth pastor it was the best sound so far this tour. (only the 8th show, but I'm betting they won't get any better unless someone else is running SAC)

Interesting thing is, my friend put out the word to some of the other FOHE guys from his church and they were there for me to demonstrate all the wonderful features from 24 SEPARATE monitor mixers to EVERY channel has EQ and Gate and Compressor and Inserts and... etc.
And they REALLY liked the idea of saving a mix to disk (or thumbdrive or whatever) since board settings is an on-going war between the FOHEs for the different services and pagents and such.

One guy went online with his iPhone during the concert to check out the SAC website. And the guy that handles the PA in the Youth auditorium wants it NOW.

Another guy from a different church was there and it blew him away as well... he related to me the antiquated PA setup in his "modern" church while he drooled over my setup.

They all liked the price point since they are all aware of how much $$ was wasted (in comparison) on massive inferior analog gear.

:) Praises for SAC. :)

Incidentally Willet is a great group of guys (I've run for them here before) they are easy to get along with and they put on a good show.

Russell

jlklein
04-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Dude, that is AWESOME. We regularly have Willet here for shows as they are friends with a lot of people in our church, some of whom are ministry partners with them in Westminster, Md and the Hunger Strike ministry. They'll be thrilled to know that we're currently upgrading to SAC in our house system.

I did see on their twitter feed that they'd had some earlier issues with sound at some of their locations. They're a great bunch of guys and pay more attention to what the audience hears than most bands, even headliners. I'll have to drop them a line later today, lol.

Glad everything went so well :)

Was this at First Baptist Church of Vandalia? Their youth pastor was our youth pastor prior to moving back home to Ohio.

Jeff