PDA

View Full Version : Time Mode

Andy Follett
04-30-2012, 09:52 AM
How do I get Time Mode in the multi track to "stick" as the default when opening a new/preexsisting edl(s)?

I tried saving all the default settings I could find and looked in the help file but I still have to select it for each edl I open and it doesn't seem to "stick" as a preference when saving the edl itself.

Bob L
04-30-2012, 11:20 AM
It is a session edl setting... each session keeps that setting... so... set the timeline as you like... save the session... when you open the session it will switch the timeline to that setting... each edl can have its own timeline setting.

Close the session... and set the timeline... then save the default prefs to keep that as the strting setting... although realize each edl you open will switch to its own setting.

Bob L

Sean McCoy
04-30-2012, 05:50 PM
On a side note to that, I've been meaning to ask you about a problem I'm having getting window size defaults to stick. In particular, my FX windows for pre and post are wildly different sizes. Nothing I've done with regards to opening, resizing, then saving preferences seems to work. Is there a simple trick I'm missing?

Bob L
04-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Yes... the window views save with the F-Key Workspace sets.

You may want to read the helpfile or manual straight thru for more details I'm guessing you are missing. :)

Bob L

Sean McCoy
04-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Ah, I had already done that, but now I realize I just hadn't gone through all 12 of my standard F-Key assignments and adjusted the FX windows, so the windows were opening up differently in some of the lesser-used views. Got it, thanks.

bcorkery
04-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Be sure to save the F-Key's you've set up as the default. If you've done that, It might be a deeper issue.

Andy Follett
05-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Bob,

Is there something I'm missing. "Save and Update Session" with the "time" showing in the "window".

It (the edl) still opens back up with "measures" after saving an edl with the "time" showing.

It's not that big a deal but when we stop something to rehearse and "back up" the "time" mode just seems a little easier to relate to for me than the measure numbers. It's easy to change on the fly but still annoying.

Andy Follett
05-03-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm opening/saving these edls from the show control window. Is that going to make any difference?

I've got all our material in the show control window anymore and it makes for a handy "poor mans" file explorer window although much faster as it takes one click to open an edl.

Bob L
05-03-2012, 08:41 PM
If the MWS is active in the edl, then it opens in Tempo mode as a default, since the MWS is the last to load and it deals in measures and beats.

Bob L