Steven Hayes
05-03-2012, 11:36 PM
what is the best vst crossover plugin for biamping and triamping

bharat262
05-04-2012, 12:25 AM
Dual LR Xover Plugin is mostly used vst plugin for bi/triamping

muzicman0
05-04-2012, 07:55 AM
agree with the above, but be warned, DO NOT adjust the crossover point while you are live...it could cause damage to your system. With that being said, it is a great free plugin.

gdougherty
05-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Just make sure you've got limiters after the crossover filter. Limiters should be the last thing in your signal chain anyway. Adjusting the crossover point is not a problem. You can sweep the frequency values all day long. Adjusting the filter slopes is the problem. I've found adjusting the slope values one way pops, the other way doesn't. I'm firmly of the mind that while it's nice having everything at your fingertips, anything more than a biamp system of mid-high/lows is more than I care to work around in SAC. I EQ my mons in SAC, tone correct FOH in SAC and crossover between subs and tops since many processors don't have a spare input for subs, they seem setup to handle systems in stereo pairs or stereo zones. Using a 4 input for a 3 input need seems wasteful and I like to do my in-fills in stereo as well where possible.

Steven Hayes
05-04-2012, 03:17 PM
i downloaded the crossover plugin but every time it loads SAC Quits responding.. Any ideas on what to do?

Paul Henry
05-04-2012, 04:48 PM
You downloded this one?

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/dual_linkwitz_riley_filters_by_christian_budde