PDA

View Full Version : activate scenes on SAC?

martiaudio
05-14-2012, 03:42 AM
I've read the manual, tried everything.. I can't activate Scenes on SAC.. I understand everything except using it?!?!
Am I missing something ..
Sorry it is a basic question but I am stock..
I never used it up until, I managed to hook a little sound card on my mac, just for headphone monitor.. so I can rehearse mixes with SAC + SAWStudio Multitracks ..
Evidently I thought of using scenes to compare mixes... I got stock here..
cheers:(

Bob L
05-14-2012, 05:10 AM
My guess is that you are not selecting the mixers on the right side of the Scene Properties dialog... make sure FOH at least is selected.

Bob L

Jim
05-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Some other thoughts. I started learning to use scenes this week as well. Remember there is difference between channels that are selected and those that are not selected when you create the scene. Make sure the scene dialog tells you which channels are selected in the upper left. Also, make sure your save the session after you create the scenes or they don't get saved when you close and re-open the app.

Bob, did I get this right?
Jim

RBIngraham
05-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Go here and read the tutorial. Third link down on the page.

http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/SAC.html

It's from a theatre perspective but there is a lot of basic tricks that pertain to writing scenes in SAC.

Also if memory serves Scenes don't work unless the audio engine is running. Or maybe that was just fade times within Scenes... I don't remember now. But make sure you have the audio engine running as well.

airickess
05-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Also if memory serves Scenes don't work unless the audio engine is running. Or maybe that was just fade times within Scenes... I don't remember now. But make sure you have the audio engine running as well.It is not necessary to have the audio engine live in order to write and trigger scenes. In my experience, with the audio engine disengaged only fade times will not work when changing scenes - the faders will jump instead of slide. Everything else should change just fine. That way you can pre-build scenes if necessary without passing audio.

mr_es335
10-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Hello,

airickess is correct...the engine does not need to be Live! to activate scenes..only for fades.