PDA

View Full Version : Churches using SAC? Please chime in!

jfalkner
05-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Hey guys, just looking to get a headcount of how many of you out there are using SAC in a church setting. It will help me in my sales pitch to be able to say:

"X churches are using this right now, as well as Harrah's, MGM, and numerous other high profile places - SAC is good for small and big venues."

Please just reply with your church name, location (and if you're up to letting someone call you to talk about the system, please PM me with a phone number or email address so we can schedule a time to talk).

Much thanks in advance to the SAC/SAW user base!

derek_vw
05-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Hey guys, just looking to get a headcount of how many of you out there are using SAC in a church setting. It will help me in my sales pitch to be able to say:

"X churches are using this right now, as well as Harrah's, MGM, and numerous other high profile places - SAC is good for small and big venues."

Please just reply with your church name, location (and if you're up to letting someone call you to talk about the system, please PM me with a phone number or email address so we can schedule a time to talk).

Much thanks in advance to the SAC/SAW user base!

Name: First Baptist Church of Biloxi
Use: Live Broadcast Audio Mixer
Congregation Size: 1200-1400

jlklein
05-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Name: Faith Baptist Church
Uses: Current portable system and in-progress Sanctuary upgrade
Congregation Size: three services of typically 250-450

System makeup:
MOTU 2408-based systems
ART TubeOpto8 preamps
Dell Optiplex 960 desktop hosts
Motion Computing M1400 remotes

HTH,
Jeff

paul kostabi
05-25-2012, 09:41 PM
We use SACstudio at Kostabi World in NYC.. A TV Game show.. 8 channels ADA8000, RME multiface PCMCIA card Toshiba P25 Laptop...
Not a church but still a great TV show http://thekostabishow.com/

JeremyJo
05-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Christian Center, Kalispell MT
Facility seats 1200+
SAC setup uses LCR+Sub and 14 monitor mixes, 10 stereo, two wedges, recording and cry room feeds

i5, win7-64
MOTU 424/2408 with six ADA8000 preamps
64 active inputs, about 32 outputs

Jeremy Johnston
Technical Director
Christian Center

wd5don
05-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Name: Padre Island Baptist Church
Congregation Size: 200-250

Frank DeWitt
05-26-2012, 06:45 AM
Lima Baptist
About 250
MOTU 2408 and Focusrite
48 ch
SAC IEMs

jfalkner
05-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks guys! This is encouraging. Anyone else out there? I'm excited to see so many churches using SAC to get great sound without breaking the bank!

Frank DeWitt
05-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks guys! This is encouraging. Anyone else out there? I'm excited to see so many churches using SAC to get great sound without breaking the bank!

SAC is very popular in churches. It has been written about in church production magazine.
http://www.churchproduction.com/go.php/article/how_to_mix_live_sound_on_a_computerer

I first learned about it on the ChurchsoundCheck forum and it is a frequent topic on www.churchmedia.net

Churches need lots of inputs for worship teams, preaching, CDs Video ETC. Many need IEMs and they need to be able to grow. Many have less then ideal sound booth so a remote is valuable and all are on limited budgets.

Frank

garth.bowman
05-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Bolivar First Assembly of God
Main board in main auditorium
2 services
400+
6 monitor mixes and growing
Art preamps
Working towards recording with SAW when I get time to learn it.

jfalkner
05-27-2012, 04:12 PM
SAC is very popular in churches. It has been written about in church production magazine.
http://www.churchproduction.com/go.php/article/how_to_mix_live_sound_on_a_computerer

I first learned about it on the ChurchsoundCheck forum and it is a frequent topic on www.churchmedia.net (http://www.churchmedia.net)

Churches need lots of inputs for worship teams, preaching, CDs Video ETC. Many need IEMs and they need to be able to grow. Many have less then ideal sound booth so a remote is valuable and all are on limited budgets.

Frank

Thanks for the links! Very useful.

stoven
05-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Edit: I forgot to mention that Harvest's sanctuary seats around 400. We currently only run one service per week but are soon going to move to two. The ability to multitrack will be a HUGE plus for us.

Hi there...

We're just about to switch from a 48 channel analog console to SAC (currently running 5 monitor mixes with 3 wedges and two IEM, moving to 6+ all on IEM with personal mixing).

Like Frank, I learned about SAC on the Church Sound Check forum. I built up a rig using M-Audio Profire 2626 interfaces and a relatively modest PC (3 GHz P4, 1 gig RAM, 60 gig HD).

One interface connected via firewire will allow up to 26 inputs and 26 outputs (10 on the unit and an additional 16 via lightpipe). I connected two additional Profire 2626 units via lightpipe as standalone converters. I'm using firewire for this go but ultimately I plan to use six of the Profire units with a pair of RME RAYDAT cards for a 48x48 system. The advantage is that to "go portable" or in a "backup" situation I can still run 24 channels via firewire using three of these units.

My first outing with SAC will be two weeks up at a summer camp. If anyone is in the Golden, Colorado area and wants to see the rig during the first two weeks of June I'd be happy to show it off.

Photo 1: SAC PC and converters
Photo 2: SAC PC (prior to transplant into rack case) with 25" monitor, SAC remote running on laptop

--
Shane Toven
Lead Sound Tech
Harvest Christian Center
Laramie, Wyoming

Mattseymour
05-28-2012, 04:20 AM
St Michael le Belfrey, York, UK

The building holds about 500, but we have four services on a Sunday with a total congregation of 900ish.

Currently using SAC for events outside the building, big stuff with a couple of thousand in the cathedral next door and small stuff as so many others here are doing.

I've built my SAC host for church: i3 with 4GB RAM, Motu 424, motu 24i, motu 2408 and three SM audio preamps.

Haven't installed it yet. We have a lot of volunteers running the system of various capabilities, so how I manage the training/change is significant to how it's accepted.

The big pluses for me are: size, desk footprint is soooo much smaller than our Soundcraft GB8, sound - it's just nicer, capability... we all know how great SAC is.

Phil
05-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Abundant Life in Bremerton, WA

64 channel inputs, 16 stereo IEM wired, 4 stereo IEM wireless,

hand built in stage pockets/snake
overhead stage ambient mics for IEM

E8500, 2G, RayDAT, ADA8000, BCF2000 Fader

Delay/Speaker processing in SAC 8 channels including sub.

Installed in Dec 2010

SCF Sound Guy
05-31-2012, 10:55 AM
South Coast Fellowship Church
Ventura, California
Seating: 800+
Members: 1200-1500
Service/wk: 3
System: 48ch
Time as user: 7 months

All is going great!

gregangst
06-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Abundant Life
Willis, Texas

We do outdoor street ministry and use a 32 input SAC rig.
Asus motherboard
Intel Solid State Drive
XP
6.4 GHz AMD Athalon dual core processor
RME Raydat
4 - Art Opto-Tube 8

Just finished doing an indoor show for Lanny Wolf in Sugarland Texas.
Multi-track recorded on Sawstudio.