PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

quartermoonpro
06-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Is it possible to make a template or some other thing that would basically only show the channels you are using/ and or need?

Say I'm running a show with 24 inputs, is there a way to trim the mixer down so that I only see the first 24 inputs, not all 72? I'm guessing this would be a compact view of sorts.

muzicman0
06-05-2012, 09:21 AM
not exactly, but you can freely move channels around, so for me (who also uses 24 channels), I move the last 48 channels after all of the outputs...out of site that way.

mm0

jlklein
06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Say I'm running a show with 24 inputs, is there a way to trim the mixer down so that I only see the first 24 inputs, not all 72? I'm guessing this would be a compact view of sorts.

You can also start with one of the pre-loaded channel templates that are set up with standard channel counts with inputs routed 1-1 to each channel input (i.e. 1-24 inputs to 1-24 channels).

Jeff

Russell Landwehr
06-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I use the last 24 channels of the mixer, (ignoring the actual mixer channel number.) And then move my subgroups to the left of the master output. (i also move my unused aux returns out of the way) I've always worked that way, even on live boards... building the layout from the center out with the least used faders on the outside.

rl

p.s. save your favorite views/mixers to F-keys

quartermoonpro
06-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Muzicman, I read the manual, but couldn't find how you accomplish moving the channels around. How is this done?

thanks!

gdougherty
06-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Is it possible to make a template or some other thing that would basically only show the channels you are using/ and or need?

You can use as many channels as you want and then move returns and outputs beside them and shrink or expand your mixer window to show only what you want. I keep just a standard view with as many channels of f-mixer as possible onscreen, not worrying about channels off to the right past the outs. Makes it a little easier to grab a channel and duplicate it for special processing or whatever I want to do with a spare channel if necessary. For festival stuff, I may have a dedicated percussion or horn channel set and just repatch inputs as necessary.

Also, check the wiki in my sig for a command shortcut reference.

muzicman0
06-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Muzicman, I read the manual, but couldn't find how you accomplish moving the channels around. How is this done?

thanks!
select channels 25-72, then shift click on whatever channel you want them to go before...IE: select the channels, then shift-click on O-13...this will move input channels I-25 - I-48 to AFTER O-12 (Output 12).

Of course you can put them wherever you want.

You can also shift-left-drag a single channel.

hope that helps.

mm0

muzicman0
06-05-2012, 01:11 PM
oh yeah...page 36 of the SAC manual PDF is where it is in the manual.

Butch Bos
06-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Instead of moving extra ch just move the Aux and outputs you are using just past the last ch you are using
I always move the Aux with vocal effects to just after the last voc ch

Butch

airickess
06-05-2012, 09:39 PM
I too move channels around, including Output and Aux channels. Then I just save them as Mix Template files.
If it is a view that I use fairly regularly then I just save it as the Mix Template default.