PDA

View Full Version : Odd Motormix Behavior

Brent Evans
08-13-2012, 06:58 PM
We obtained a Motormix a while back and never quite got it working right. It connects to SAC, and moving the faders on the Motormix moves the faders in SAC, and vice versa. However, if the fader in SAC is moved to a value higher than about -65db, the faders on screen (and the pans and other controllable parameters for the 8 channels reflected on the Motormix) have a bunch of jitter, and you can't move them. The faders on the Motormix itself are still.

There is midi data passing through the midi interface (M-Audio Uno) because the lights are flashing. It appears that the Motormix might be sending data continuously, because if you try to move the fader in SAC (after the first move away from the bottom) . The behavior seems to be the same regardless of whether the MM Protools mode is on or off.

Also, the numbers on the motormix screen seem to indicate that some values are changing without input from me.

Any ideas?

Craig Allen
08-13-2012, 07:23 PM
It seems to me I remember reading the Uno didn't work well with SAC. I can't remember who, but I'd try another interface. I got an emu that works fine. I'm in Greensboro if you want to try it.

Brent Evans
08-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Interesting. It would be neat if that's all it was.

Wonder if there's another app out there I can get to test that theory... support for Motormix seems to be a bit limited.

Craig Allen
08-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Then again, maybe not. I did some searching and couldn't find anything. It may be the motor mix itself. But you're still welcome to try mine.

Brent Evans
08-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Then again, maybe not. I did some searching and couldn't find anything. It may be the motor mix itself. But you're still welcome to try mine.

I've been searching too. Found this thread (http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8816&highlight=Uno) in the SAW section where someone describes a problem just like mine, and they contacted CMLabs and the response was that a repair is required. Won't have it up and running for my event next week as I hoped, but at least it won't cost a lot to get it up.

Bob L
08-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Make sure to set the MotorMix in Native mode... not Protools mode.

Bob L

Brent Evans
08-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Make sure to set the MotorMix in Native mode... not Protools mode.

Did both. Based on that older thread, though, it seems that it's probably broken.